Rate the Harbor Freight Tools Thread- Pass or Fail?

I am just a hobbyist.

Pass: 3.5 hp cut off saw item 68104, but the thickest steel I've cut so far was 5/16" all thread for 3D printers.

Roy

I have their Floor Blast Cabinet. I'm very happy with it. I shopped hard and found it over 100.00 less than competition. I think I got a good deal.

The Five drawer tool cart gets my best rating. I moved out of my big tool box at work and have not looked back since. It can be had on sale for $169. Better quality than the name brands on that item. Item number 95272.
Chris.

I have one of these. BOught it on sale with a 20% off left the store spending less than 160. out the door.
What a nice tool box. I have snap-off roll cab I paid 3000 back in the day. while its still nice. even 20 years later I still have
not forgotten what I paid for it.
I give the tool cart a SOLID TEN!
get one!

I have the harbor freight floor model blast cabinet. I upgraded the blast gun and installed a footpedal and other mods. It is a definite PASS. works Great.

The tool grinder is awesome especially at $189 with coupon: Major Pass.

Welding and c -clamps: Pass.

115 pc HSS drill bit index: Major FAIL. No lie I had a #7 drill bit get caught in mild steel and the drill bit literally unraveled:lmao: I'd never seen anything like it. If your gonna buy these, wood or aluminum would be the only uses.

Oscillating tool , corded single speed $20 on sale :pASS. one of the best bargains. I had bought a Multimaster 4 yrs earlier and paid $300. Mind you the multimaster is far superior in just about every way. But I wont cry if i drop the HF tool 3 stories off a ladder, and it works fine except that its noisy. If I drop The multimaster on the other hand, that would be a major upset.;)

The US General roll away , 13 drawer at $379 is a major score, it replaced a smaller Craftsmen high end rollaway: Major PASS.

36 acid brushes for $1.99: Pass

Any Channel locks from HF: Fail

Plastic handle hose clamps: Fail

20 ton H shop press: Pass

Those are the ones off the top of my head.

I bought the carbide saw blade sharpener
only used the motor and wheel
I drilled 2 holes in the base to mount it to the compound t-slots as a grinder on my hf 9x20 lathe works great and no chatter. face with a diamond and it will grind a mirror finish
and the 4" diamond disc with the stone as a backer works great for shaping carbide cutters quick to save my sharpeners stones. I got it in the returned items section for $20 and ran it in the store first. I could not have built one to work better for my needs.
steve

I bought the carbide saw blade sharpener
only used the motor and wheel
I drilled 2 holes in the base to mount it to the compound t-slots as a grinder on my hf 9x20 lathe works great and no chatter. face with a diamond and it will grind a mirror finish
and the 4" diamond disc with the stone as a backer works great for shaping carbide cutters quick to save my sharpeners stones. I got it in the returned items section for $20 and ran it in the store first. I could not have built one to work better for my needs.
steve
I'd like to see a pic of how you mounted it to your lathe as a tool post grinder. I've been wanting to get a tool post grinder for my lathe but the $$$ they're getting puts them out of my league for the amount of times I would need one. I bought a HF electric Die grinder that I could also use for this purpose.

right now it is mounted in an angle fixture that mounts on the drill press column over the x y table to sharpen endmills but i will post a pic when i put it back on the lathe.
but really if you look at it i just drilled the base and it mounts on the rear of the compound slide
steve

with it mounted in the angle fixture it also works as a light surface grinder over the xy table it is really quite usefull for light grinding with a little imagination.
steve

I just set everything up here to show you
here is a pic of the angle mounts and the lathe mount is on the front of the table. ubolts mount the grinder on the drill press column and to surface grind the table is raised with an indicator mounted. the drill press works good the column and base are resin filled. the 5c index works good for sharpening end mills and the rotory table is for fine adjustments. I do funny things when i have no money
hope the pic gives you the basic idea.
steve

DIGI0023.JPG

Actually the pic helps a lot. How are the bearings in that motor and what RPM does it turn. That's seems definitely more stout than the HF die grinder I have. The die grinder is really noisy and vibrates .

Back