Redneck science

That has always bugged me. Since when does machinery own a book? But then again, I suppose it is no different than a tree's leaves. :dunno:
Maybe the author's name is Machinery? ;)

I make every attempt to spell correctly in my posts. I think that correct spelling aids in getting the message through to the reader.. However I have fat fingers and never really learned to touch type on a keyboard. I also have failing eyesight with astigmatism and progressing cataracts. The HM spell check function has improved tremendously and is really functional now. Previously, if a word was corrected, either the entire paragraph was underlined or no misspelled words were underlined.

And I don't even dare trying to post from my phone. It would look like some kind of code.

Maybe the author's name is Machinery? ;)

I make every attempt to spell correctly in my posts. I think that correct spelling aids in getting the message through to the reader.. However I have fat fingers and never really learned to touch type on a keyboard. I also have failing eyesight with astigmatism and progressing cataracts. The HM spell check function has improved tremendously and is really functional now. Previously, if a word was corrected, either the entire paragraph was underlined or no misspelled words were underlined.

And I don't even dare trying to post from my phone. It would look like some kind of code.
I am getting very off track here, but after my brain injury, I now rely on Grammarly. It has been excellent. (There were four suggested corrections in that sentence alone.)

Ok, I'll admit it. I have a pet peeve regarding the misuse of 'there', 'their', and 'they're', but keep my irritation to myself.

Spelling faux pas? Yes, guilty as charged! Sometimes I just don't know better; sometimes my fingers are just not following instructions.

:dunno:

One thing I have found in my travels is that English can be mangled virtually beyond belief but you can still understand what they are trying to say no matter how appallingly the other person speaks and pronounces it.
I think there is an amazing amount of redundancy in the English language to allow this.
Get one gender incorrect in French and they refuse to understand you.

Love me sum weird Al.....
I think he is doing a better job with his English than many Americans.

Back