Repurpose>reuse>recycle

G

Grumpy Gator

Forum Guest
Register Today
Jake used that string of words in another thread but it made me think. I hate to get rid of stuff and when I do I always regret it.
That being said please chime in and show us some pictures of things you have repurposed.
I'll start the ball rolling with my grinder stand.
grinders005.jpg grinders006.jpg

Dug this rear axle pumpkin out of the scrap pile and put it to work holding up my tool grinder.
***************JADIP***************G********************************:bash computer:**************

Last edited by a moderator:
part of a metal screen door, some tomato wire things, some bits of wood and screws/ washers that my kids find for me = HDTV antenna :)

lots and lots of other examples (N2 filter = potato cannon?) but that's just the most recent!

Cheap halogen floor lamp + old coat hook + cupboard knob = feeding stand.
Explanation: my mom passed away from ALS a couple years ago. At the end she had have food by tube, but we always ate together as a family so I built her a stand to hang the bag from. I didn't want it to look "medical" in her house nor make her feel alienated in another room. She liked this so much it stayed in the living room beside her chair and even for Christmas dinner it was good enough to stand next to the dining table with all of us.

Thanks for looking, and listening, guys.

-frank

image.jpg

How about these?
20150521_001035.jpg
A rail road track becoming an anvil, and a brake drum and old disc Harlow disc. soon to be a solid fuel forge.

20150521_001046.jpg
Once a propane tank now a propane forge.
A long with most of the metal in my shop. it gets repurposed from job site waste.
Mark

Back