Rodman Carbide Drill Bits?

gi_984

Active User
Registered
I've heard of these magical drill bits that drill thru hardened files and similar materials with just a hand drill. I've not seen these personally though Youtube and google does come up with a few hits. Does anyone here have a set? Any firsthand knowledge if these work as advertised?

Several vendors were demonstrating them at Cabin Fever Expo. They looked impressive but I can't say how long they would last. They went from a file to block to a brake rotor and wood without stopping.

Yeah, I've heard of that. I can't help but wonder if they anneal big piles of usually hard items (files,etc) to soften them up just to impress the attendees walking by. That is why I'm curious if anyone here has actually used them. If they were legit I'd imagine the various distributors would be lined up to sell them. Instead they only seem to sell at state fairs/ small shows.

Carbide circuit board drills work for me . Never heard of these magical drills , but I bet someone will come up with a magical un-obtainium metal soon that they won't cut !!;)

I almost bought a set from a vendor at the ATHS truck show last year in York Pa. Had me sold on them, but I just couldn't pry my wallet open. Seemed a little unbelievable once I had time to think about it:confused 3:. Learned my lesson, to not make eye contact.
Cheers
Martin

One thing none of them talked about was hole tolerance.

I somehow ended up with bunches of carbide dental drills 1/8-1/4" , figured they would be good for pecking out broken taps, but I don't break taps :cool:

I somehow ended up with bunches of carbide dental drills 1/8-1/4" , figured they would be good for pecking out broken taps, but I don't break taps :cool:

Bragger !! :p

Yeah, I've heard of that. I can't help but wonder if they anneal big piles of usually hard items (files,etc) to soften them up just to impress the attendees walking by. That is why I'm curious if anyone here has actually used them. If they were legit I'd imagine the various distributors would be lined up to sell them. Instead they only seem to sell at state fairs/ small shows.
Might just be worthwhile to bring along an old file of your own, next time you go to one o' them shows or state fairs, eh wot?

Back