RONG FU RF40 MILL DRILL

Big Pete

Registered
Registered
Hello all
I picked up a new never used RU40 mill drill that had been in storage for years and know nothing about it there is no chuck or any tooling with it. I am looking for a users manual for it to start learning how to set up and use it. All I have done so far is to plug it in and tested the gears it runs like it looks (New) Thanks much.

Nice find!
You may be able to download a manual directly from Rong Fu.
Martin

Thanks Martin
I am going to try to call there U.S. distributor as on Monday I had no luck on there site.

I was checking out the RF40 on the Rong Fu website, and came across the following blurb..

Our commitment to quality is enabled by our management of the whole process of equipment development, manufacture and testing. Unlike some mill drill machine suppliers we do not outsource our production process.

Does this mean that they still build machines in Taiwan?

I was checking out the RF40 on the Rong Fu website, and came across the following blurb..

Our commitment to quality is enabled by our management of the whole process of equipment development, manufacture and testing. Unlike some mill drill machine suppliers we do not outsource our production process.

Does this mean that they still build machines in Taiwan?

I would think yes. It seems very unlikely that Taiwan would outsource to China considering their history.

You probably have a R-8 spindle so you will need a couple collets in 3/8" and 1/2" sizes, a drawbar for same, some endmills, and a vise
(check the T-slots in the table; sometimes the drawbar is hiding in there)
Also, if the motor is 1 HP or more you would be smart to power it on 220 volts- ask here if you are unsure about the wiring

Last edited:

Thats for a 45, which is a dovetail instead of column. Should get you started at least.

All I could find for ref to the rf-40 manual was people asking RF and having it emailed to them.
If you do, ask for the parts list as well as the manual…

Last edited:
OK Thanks Mark
I am all ready starting to grasp collets. There is a drawbar holding a R8 fitting that must be for a face cutter on this machine I loosened the drawbar and removed this. so now I guess I need a holder for the collets anyone know a brand to look at don't want the best at this point but do not want total junk either. I all so want to get a drill chuck for it.

Back