Rotary Table Project

Pontiac Freak

Active User
Registered
I needed to make some wheels narrower (for racing only, not going on the street) so I dreamed up a idea after viewing all you guys projects. I used scrap from the pile and the only cost was for the bolts. It is the largest project that I have tried so far and am very pleased with the out come. I see where i made some mistakes and will hopefully not do that in the future :lmao:. I documented the project as I went so I have some picts, hope your not bored with them.Pipe-1.jpgPipe-2.jpgPipe-4.jpgPipe-3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I used a axle hub flange for the size template then decided to make it fit Ford, Chevy and Dodge wheel patterns so I could do virtually any five bolt wheel if I desired.
Plate-1.jpgPlate-2.jpgPlate-3.jpgPlate-4.jpgPlate-5.jpgPlate-6.jpgPlate-7.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Cut a lip in the top and bottom caps as well as one in the pipe so they fit snug, then welded the bottom cap on from the inside and bolted the top cap on so I can remove it and make other sizes in the future if I find the need.

Top Cap-1.jpgTop Cap-2.jpgTop Cap-3.jpgTop Cap-4.jpgTop Cap-5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Needed to be able to distribute the force as far out as possible on the table so I grabbed some old angle iron and cut some pieces to mount to the T-Slots on the table.Angle-1.jpgAngle-2.jpgAngle-3.jpgAngle-4.jpg

Pipe-1.jpg Pipe-4.jpg Pipe-3.jpg Pipe-2.jpg Plate-7.jpg Plate-6.jpg Plate-5.jpg Plate-4.jpg Plate-3.jpg Plate-2.jpg Plate-1.jpg Top Cap-5.jpg Top Cap-4.jpg Top Cap-3.jpg Top Cap-2.jpg Top Cap-1.jpg Angle-3.jpg Angle-4.jpg Angle-2.jpg Angle-1.jpg

So here are the angle pieces cut and drilled and the pipe squared off so they sit flat.

Hold Downs-1.jpgHold Downs-2.jpgHold Downs-3.jpgHold Downs-4.jpgHold Downs-5.jpgHold Downs-6.jpgHold Downs-7.jpgHold Downs-8.jpgHold Downs-9.jpgHold Downs-10.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is in use.In Use-1.jpgIn Use-2.jpgIn Use-3.jpgIn Use-4.jpg

Hold Downs-10.jpg Hold Downs-9.jpg Hold Downs-8.jpg Hold Downs-7.jpg Hold Downs-6.jpg Hold Downs-5.jpg Hold Downs-4.jpg Hold Downs-3.jpg Hold Downs-2.jpg Hold Downs-1.jpg In Use-2.jpg In Use-1.jpg In Use-4.jpg In Use-3.jpg

This project is quite complicated. Kudos to you for tackling it and allowing us to watch. great work so far.

"Billy G"

Thanks guys, by looking at others projects and reading through these threads on the board it gave me lots of ideas and new ways of thinking so I could tackle it. This site definitely has a wealth of knowledge!

Thanks guys, by looking at others projects and reading through these threads on the board it gave me lots of ideas and new ways of thinking so I could tackle it. This site definitely has a wealth of knowledge!

And even more so now! Thanks for the fantastic presentation.

Hey, that doesn't look like a Pontiac wheel. Nice job, though. I find that making the tooling to set the job up often takes much longer than the job does by the time you get to it. I guess that the nature of it.

What an awesome project! Thanks for sharing. Now that you're all tooled up to do this job, hopefully you'll have further use for your hub adaptor. Nice job.:))

Back