Searching for a small quiet metal saw

Bandsaw is about as quit as you're gonna get

I've had one of these for about three years. It has cut more aluminum and Delrin than I expected it to. Single speed and made for wood so it's not really an option if you're cutting anything hard.

If mine died tomorrow I'd feel like I got my money's worth out of it.

677954.jpg

Bandsaw is about as quit as you're gonna get

Actually there are some quieter methods that I have seen. I'm sure it will take decades of training though to master them. Perhaps one might be able to convince ThisOldTony to teach them. :)

(Start at 2:53 if it doesn't start there for you)

(Start at 0:43 if it doesn't start there for you)

Looks like he did teach his son! (Start at 0:47 if it doesn't start there for you)

Northern Tool makes a benchtop horizontal bandsaw similar to the Little Machine Shop model. I got one and I've been quite satisfied with it. I caught it on sale and with a coupon paid a bit less than $200.

49466_700x700.jpg

All those bandsaw that are basically converted portabands appear to have universal brush motors which will certainly be louder than a bandsaw with an induction motor.

Brino do you have a table that you use currently with the milwaukeetool?

Brino do you have a table that you use currently with the milwaukeetool?

Nope I do not. I use the Milwaukee as a hand held only. I have a large vertical band saw with a table for other cuts.
-brino

I have had Milwaukee Portaband with the table for about 20 years. It works great, cuts most every thing I ever needed it to quickly and accurately. It takes a bit of adjusting to get it cutting square but once done, it stays true for many years. The table attachment is very robust and rigid, I used to have it on pipe legs but recently moved it to my bench top. I also have a "cold cut" chop saw and an abrasive "hot cut" saw while those have their place, the bandsaw is the most versatile and certainly the quieter of the three.

Back
Top Bottom