Sears Announced That It May Sell Three Of Its Iconic Brands -- Kenmore, Craftsman And Diehard

I never had a gripe with Sears or Craftsman, granted I have never purchased a tool from there myself. The last I remember from Sears was a screwdriver set by grandfather bought, and a tape measure he replaced around the same time. They took the tape measure, threw it in a bin underneath the counter and said "the tape measures are all over on that shelf, pick one out. It's yours"

Their old ratchets with the squared off handles are my favorite. I have a nice, new condition Husky set with a small round handle but I just don't favor it.

Occasionally a screwdriver tip will bend under load, but a whack with a hammer fixes that. Never had a socket break, and their wrenches are honestly pretty decent, but I do prefer SnapOn and Bonny wrenches.

At the price point, and I really mean at the price point, Harbor Freight tools are not a bad buy. But you buy a product made for the price point. They make some quality tools, and some not so much. I always feel bad buying at harbor freight, supporting China because I can't afford domestic tools for 5x the price. I bought a 7 pack of 1/8" TIN (supposedly) coated drill bits with a said 118* drill point angle. I haven't unwrapped them but even with them in the case I can see every bit has a different point angle! LOL They might be sharpened by hand for all I know, or a fleet of machines all set up differently.

Back