Sherline

Forty Niner

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I hope this doesn't sound like a ad! I own a Sherline lathe and mill and just want to share. I'm not a dealer or associated with the company in any way.
I received notification from Sherline about a very nice sale that ends today. It's 30% off. I've placed a small order and it is so tempting to order some more stuff.

I got a couple of odds & ends that have been on my “next time I place an order” list to use with my Sherline 4” rotary table.

Looks like it's still going on for December, and they've restocked their DRO mills.

At this point I have to wonder if something else is going on. Such as a permanent price decrease, a new model, them moving locations, or something more foreboding like financial troubles

Last edited:
Looks like it's still going on for December, and they've restocked their DRO mills.
Indeed, saw that this morning and was able to order two things that were out of stock last month. That should complete my Sherline kit...

I've already placed 3 orders since they started the sales. I think they're trying to move me past getting the things that are "nice to have" to the things that "I really don't need"!

Eric

Sherline currently has this statement at the top of the cart page, https://www.sherline.com/cart/:
1702949235536.png

The 30% discount definitely motivated to order accessories for my lathe and mill. I placed one order in October, and one order in November. I anticipate placing an order this month.

Sherline using the term "overstock" suggests that sales were less than Sherline anticipated. Regarding their reference to "this economy", I read the following today, "Why didn’t the U.S. fall into recession in 2023, as so many pundits predicted? The recession did happen, just not all at once. Over
the past year and a half, different economic sectors experienced downturns at different times — a phenomenon economists call a 'rolling recession.' Thanks to this rare event, it’s possible the U.S. won’t experience a traditional recession before the end of this year or even the next, despite the burden of high inflation and rising interest rates." - p. 4 of "Outlook 2024 Edition: Long-Term Perspective on Markets and Economies", by Capital Group.

Karl

Back