Shop executor?

I’ve told my wife and daughter to just call the estate sale people. They’ll bring in more money for a lot less hassle.

It’s just too big a burden for a family IMO. Close friend of my dad’s was a brilliant, semi-wealthy, mechanical obsessive with OCD. He collected train stuff (model and a few full scale cars and locomotives!), vintage race cars, and related sundry “artifacts.” Trouble was, nearly everything was “in progress” with parts scattered or missing. His two daughters mistakenly thought things would be easier to do themselves with the help of his collector “friends.” But they were more interested in lowballing or outright stealing things for themselves. Really sad. My shop is nowhere near the level of burden (or value) as that, but I don’t want my family to suffer like they did.

Pick a couple of heirlooms, call a pro to get rid of the rest and don’t look back.

My Mrs asked me the other day what she's to do with all of my shop stuff in the event of my untimely demise.
Got me thinking about the problem and what to do about it.
Wondering if anyone has designated a 'shop executor'?
I will, for the moment, assume you have no heirs? I have a son and a son-in-law and I have already let be known where my equipment and tools will go. My wife has done the same with her wood stuff, it'll be up to them where they take it and what they do with it although it'll likely be in a shop on our family land and they'll use as needed, I believe that is what they discussed.

I will, for the moment, assume you have no heirs? I have a son and a son-in-law and I have already let be known where my equipment and tools will go. My wife has done the same with her wood stuff, it'll be up to them where they take it and what they do with it although it'll likely be in a shop on our family land and they'll use as needed, I believe that is what they discussed.
No heirs that have any interest in my tools unfortunately.

Back