Should We Have An Abrasive Machining, Or "grinding" Forum?

A surface grinder is on my list. More of a want than need (until I have one of course, then I won't know how I got along without it!).. So, I'd be interested.

Stan,
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry GA!!
And Aaron gets the booby prize... Stupid phone! "ABSOLUTELY GA!"
That's what I meant to say

Bernie

Bernie

One thing I also think would be beneficial is to have a General forum, not just a Q&A forum.

Grinding forum, I'm in.

I'm in. I've got an old toolmaker grinder that I'm still trying to figure out everything I can do with it.

Yes, why not an abrasive forum. There are bench grinders, surface grinders, tool post grinders, angle grinders and probably others. Would files and emery cloth, and such items be included as abrasive?

Yes, why not an abrasive forum. There are bench grinders, surface grinders, tool post grinders, angle grinders and probably others. Would files and emery cloth, and such items be included as abrasive?
Well files are actually cutting tools ;) I know, I'm a smart ass. LOL A separate area for grinding type stuff seems like a great idea.

Seems like a new forum for grinding would be a good place to centralize some FAQ's and general knowledge and techniques for surface grinders to make the information easier to locate.

Back