Starting a new shop building

Congratulations on the first piece of equipment.

The floor really brightens up the shop. I like it. Sometimes mistakes provide us with great opportunities.

Looking really nice.

At this stage could consider framing off a small area for buffers. A place to stand in and do the buffing. Especially a two wheel stand up buffer will put out lots of debris in the shop. Buffing station is not expensive and nice to have to finish off projects.

Wow, this is my dream. Hopefully I'll be able to have something like this in 5 years or so.

Great job! Looks great. Man with prices of steel and wood these days our shops are getting expensive to build.

Thanks for the compliments. And yes, the painted floor really makes it brighter in the shop. I probably wont be updating again until I get all my 'stuff' moved in. I plan on starting this weekend. I assume the move in will then turn into the rearranging of the shop. I have a general idea of how I want things, but we will have to see how it turns out.

Things still to do:
  • Build sink and washing area in back of open area, drain and supply is there, just need to install.
  • Install RPC for mill and lathe. I'm considering where to put the idler motor and thinking on top out of the way
  • Run 240v for radial arm saw, table saw, and welder
  • Install, wire, and plumb AC/Heat unit
  • Finish the build on my new air compressor (80gal) and install, along with plumbing shop for air
  • Maybe a ceiling fan in center of open area to move air

If I get anything fairly major done, I'll update and I'll get a tour posted when I get it "done". Of course we all know a shop is never finished, it's constantly in a state of change and or improvement.

Just a small update. Yesterday I got the AC hooked up and running. I poured a pad for the outside unit, and placed the inside unit in the area above the shop. I got all the ducts ran and electricity hooked up. Yesterday my AC guy came and soldered the lines and got it running.

To say I am happy and excited is an understatement. In less than 30 minutes the shop went from 96 degrees and 82% humidity, to 80 degrees and 50%. I don't know if I can express how much of a difference that felt like inside. I've been excited to get out and work on the shop and get things set up, but at the same time I have also dreaded it and sweated my backside off while in there.
I'm really looking forward to this weekend and getting some things done in relative comfort.

I imagine AC is mandatory in a Texas shop with the heat you get down there.

Back