Surface grinders

Pevehouse

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hello gentlemen, just wanted to pop in and tell you guys about a trip I just went on to look at some equipment which turned out to be a huge success. Ended up buying three surface grinders and a 40” Mitutoyo height gage. I’m going next weekend to pick everything up and I would like to share my findings and the clean up process with everyone. Should be an adventure. I got 1 Older Boyer Schultz, a Medina end grinder and a Harrig 618 all of which are in great condition. They have been in storage for a while so I will need to clean and service them all. I also ended up with a set of roller bearings to convert the harrig to roller ways. I will post up some pictures as soon as I pick them up. No telling what else I will end up with. He also has a Bridgeport true trace that’s complete but I hear bad things about those. Anyway, I look forward to your comments and the adventure that awaits. Thanks for reading my post

Nice score! I didn’t even know Mitutoyo made a 40” heigh gage! At 5’-6”, I would need a stool to use that lol.
lol, Thing is almost as tall as me as well

Nice score! I didn’t even know Mitutoyo made a 40” heigh gage! At 5’-6”, I would need a stool to use that lol.
Thanks by the way. I thought I did pretty good. If you knew what I paid for that height gage you would **** your breeches,lol

Thanks by the way. I thought I did pretty good. If you knew what I paid for that height gage you would **** your breeches,lol
Is it the vernier or digital? I was curious what the new prices were for that size height gage and checked MSC, I won’t be buying those anytime soon! I figured you must have gotten a smoking deal on them with everything you bought.

Is it the vernier or digital? I was curious what the new prices were for that size height gage and checked MSC, I won’t be buying those anytime soon! I figured you must have gotten a smoking deal on them with everything you bought.
It is the digital. Got it for a bill

I’m probably gonna let it go since I have no use for such a large gage.

Back