Temu: the Good, th Bad, and the Ugly?

RJSakowski

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I see quite a few ads from Temu offering intriguing stuff at ridiculously low prices. Any comments from forum members out there? Quality, shipping, etc.?

I've dealt with them a few times. No regrets. The shipping was as advertised. They guarantee your delivery with in a specified time if you don't receive it as posted you get a 5$ credit. I had ordered an item and did not receive on the date promised, ( lost in shipping) the next day I received an apology and a $5 credit to my account. I was advised that if I don't receive it with in week a full refund will applied to my CC Sure enough I got the refund and was told if the item does arrive just keep it, no charge. The item value was around $60.
Keep in mind their products are not of the highest quality. After all they are made in China. You have to order at least $20 for free shipping.

I am not a customer of Temu, and after reading the reviews of the company, and doubt I will be unless they change many of their business practices. With over 16,000 reviews the best they can manage is 3.1 on a scale of 1-5. While 44% of the reviews rate them as a 5, 36% rate them as a 1. A total of 45% of their customers rate them as average or below. When nearly half of the customers have problems with orders it doesn't give me the confidence to do business with them

Many customers, like OTmachine site credit card problems after a purchase.

My wife gets a lot of stuff from them. Had something damaged, they immediately replaced. Not very timely on orders, lately all her stuff is held up in customs for 20 days or so. I guess they make it AFTER you order it in China. It is cheap, looks cheap, but she likes it for craft stuff. She got some pretty fair raincoats the other day.

I had gotten suckered in last year. Honestly it is the SAME STUFF you’d get of eBay or Amazon or anywhere else without their markup. I have products that have other manufacturers names on them. Might be a knock off idk or the company has it made there. Isn’t just about everything made in China? Sadly!

The recommendation I make is if you do use PayPal as your card. Which your double protected through PayPal and your CC. I haven’t had a bad transaction. Any damage or not wanting item I’ve been fully reimbursed without returns. For the prices you really can’t go wrong.

I probably have no idea what I'm talking about but it seems to me like Temu advertises on social media platforms & Banggood to YT creators. I don't do social media, I was on IG for a little while years ago, but that's it. I have never seen a Temu ad ever. I watch YT a lot but I don't see ads.

I've only heard of the horror stories about buying from Temu, I have no interest in buying from them. But to be fair Aliexpress had their share of horror stoires way back when too. Banggood I purchased from only one time, while it was a good experience I haven't browsed their site ever since. I don't really like their format.

I do still buy from Aliexpress occasionally. I have never been burned on Aliexpress. I have had only maybe 2-3 issues over the years which is good & was always resolved quickly by the vendor or Aliexpress. Lately my Aliexpress orders have been arriving very fast, like less than a week. I had an order earlier this month arrive in just 4 days! And my orders will get consolidated by the final shipping courier & delivered in one package which I kind of like. I placed another order on the 22nd, last Monday. 3 different vendors, they all arrived in one package today. Not as fast as the last order but 6 days is pretty good & today is Sunday.

I too have had good experiences with Aliexpress- I think once I ordered two 1$ items and only received one.
Otherwise it's all been good- I've noticed the delivery speed improvement also

All your apps track and sell your info, and all the sites you go on.

Back