tool room

I've got double and triple of some hand tools because I'd have a set in my truck, one at home, and another at work. I did find it easier to have a roll around in the shop for just the shop and another in my main area to work on cars and such. It seem you never find the tool you need but I'm hoping as put thing in a little bit of order it will be better.

Todd

I've got more tools than most 3rd world countries. If I organized all of them I'd be embarrassed by the sheer volume. Of course then I'd have to figure out how much money I've spent. And I'd have to add on to the shop to have enough wall space. Then I'd feel guilty from my good fortune. All bad things.:lmao:

Think I'll just continue the bliss of ignorance.

Tom

Your organizational skills are amazing!
I however am not so. 3 roll a rounds,and numerous other tool boxes,FULL !
And I can't stay away from yard/garage sales
What I do is make up general sets, cheap wrenches,screw drivers,socket sets, and a couple of different pliers,
and a hack saw, and a cresent wrench.(I slowly have been changing my cheap stuff for the better quality stuff)
Put them in a small tool box and give them to a buddy"s kid when they want to start
wrenching on something, helps to thin the pile, and gives the kids something to start with.

I like to keep two of everything min in the shop, then another set for the truck and maybe a few common doubles in that. The rest goes in my 4yr olds tool box. That kid has more tools then alot of grown men I know. ahahahahaha

[=orphan auto;176751]Your organizational skills are amazing!
I however am not so. 3 roll a rounds,and numerous other tool boxes,FULL !
And I can't stay away from yard/garage sales
What I do is make up general sets, cheap wrenches,screw drivers,socket sets, and a couple of different pliers,
and a hack saw, and a cresent wrench.(I slowly have been changing my cheap stuff for the better quality stuff)
Put them in a small tool box and give them to a buddy"s kid when they want to start
wrenching on something, helps to thin the pile, and gives the kids something to start with.[/QUOTE]

(I slowly have been changing my cheap stuff for the better quality stuff)

that is a + the old man told me you spend a $1 you have a $1.00 of goods you spend $20.00 it last a life time .
but he had the money to do that so over the years I did my best to do like he told me most of the tool I have are s-n- k
martin, Stanley , dewalt , Rockwell, Milwaukee, Makita , Estwing , miller ,Craftsman, Snap-on.
and so on but it took me 34 years to get it started my job February 10, 1980 and today is February 2, 2014 .
that how long took me to get the tools that I have no I am not a mechanic or a Mechanics I am in the funeral business
the last to let you down HAHA.
no I do work at a funeral home you may say what the h@!! AM I DOING ON A MACHINIST FORUM .
well what I do is make burial vaults http://www.wilbert.com/burial/ and I make stuff like this to put the vault in the cemetery.
http://www.hobby-machinist.com/showthread.php/17516-2-speed-hydraulic-transmission we have 5 burial vaults burial vaults companies
in north and south Carolina.
well that what I do and that's why I an on the forum to take in all the info that I can to do a good job
and do it do it right the first time and this is the place to get that knowledge and knowledge is power to put me at the top in my game.
so to all on the forum you are the best I look at what youall do and I say WOW one day it well be me giving someone a how to do
pat on the back like youall are doing to me and what I do the money is nice but its not a as good as looking at what you do and
saying WOW I did that and I wont to be that one that can say that. life is what you make of it and it is to short so find what you like to do and do it
and youall are doing it . you help me and I help others in my way.
so what is your day job ??????????

Last edited:
Back