Tractor Gauge Clusters

Stay with the older tractors. The new JD tier 4 engines are a problem. New 5115 ml tractor in the first year has had three service calls to the dealer in under 300 hours. I am with you on having a gauge and not a light. Nice job on the gauge mounts. Looks like they were factory designed not an add on.

Looks great. Now your ready for the lawn tractor races. ;) Mike

Nice work. I have a little JD 445 that was built in 2000. It's long before they tried to lock everyone but the dealer out of the maintenance loop. It does have a combination of idiot lights and gauges, but nothing to stop the user from doing scheduled maintenance or repairs. So far, it's been the longest lasting and best tractor I've had. It's worn out a few mower bearings and needed a new set of tires. Other than that, it's still going strong. I don't want to think about what a replacement would cost today.

Nice work. I have a little JD 445 that was built in 2000. It's long before they tried to lock everyone but the dealer out of the maintenance loop. It does have a combination of idiot lights and gauges, but nothing to stop the user from doing scheduled maintenance or repairs. So far, it's been the longest lasting and best tractor I've had. It's worn out a few mower bearings and needed a new set of tires. Other than that, it's still going strong. I don't want to think about what a replacement would cost today.
Oh, then my Simplicity 16LTH which is 1987 vintage and still going strong with only a magneto, starter, and some patches to the deck , wheel bearings (solid cast iron) and belts is definitely in good shape... ;)

sorry to derail this again.

Just like old American shop iron older tractors seem to be well built. I also have a 1982 Case 224. It excels at pulling heavy loads up steep hills. We use it at the family cottage to transport firewood and roll the lawn to keep the mole population down.

With the “HiDrive” the wheel speed is independent of the engine speed. At full throttle the wheel speed can still be less than 1 rpm. The 2 speed rear end allows top speed to be about 13 mph. At that speed it’s all but uncontrollable unless you’re on a paved surface.

ON EDIT: Here are a couple pictures of the Case. These were taken in 2011 when I purchased it. It came with the "turf saver" tires that were worthless trying to climb hills with a 500+ lb. load in the trailer. I changed out the rears to Carlisle Tru Power ag tires and Firestone 3 rib tires on the front. It now climbs hills with a full load of wood effortlessly, and steers like it has power steering.

The front weights are from the JD445. They're now back on the JD having been replaced with some original Case weights. It was getting to be a PITA to remember to load the weights in the truck each time they were needed at a different location. Now each machine has a dedicated set.

Attachments

• DSCF1379.JPG
    DSCF1379.JPG
    709.9 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF1380.JPG
    DSCF1380.JPG
    719.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Randy
Great upgrade on some pretty fancy tractors. good job!!
Dave

Back