Tramming PM 833tv

I'm living with mine just not happy with it and I know it's not going to get better then what it is now..
Just like my 1st Hubby I knew what jobs I could get him to do and what job/things I was on my own with..
Much easier to replace this kind of tool....

The only machine tool I bought new was a 3 in 1 that was absolute junk. Happy to have my string of used machines that I got cheap and recondition on my own terms.

John

I was able to shim the column slightly. There was already a shim there from the factory, I added to it slightly. I ended up out .001 on the x and y axis over 6 inches and got the head dead on I think. Going to play around with it a bit and see how it goes.

Tamm63, have you let us know about problems you are having? I am not sure who you are thats why I ask. I have done so much work with this factory over the last couple of years with fit and tolerance of ways and the whole machine, they have trained employees and made so many adjustments to quality control, there should be zero issues. No its not going to be like a jig more but it should be very very reasonable, within a few thousandths, no more than that. If you have not let us know please do so we can get it solved. I don't think you guys understand how much I want every single machine to exceed everyone's expectations. I am CONSTANTLY on and on and on these people at factories about QC and making the best machine they can make. And it really gets to me when I hear that something is not what is should be. Most people seem to love the 833, we sell almost 1000 of them per year.
But if there is an issue, I definitely want to know about it and fix it. Not only for you, but so I know for the future if they are trying to pass something along that isn't right. Seriously if something is not right, please let us know. And let them know that Matt said to contact, I want to see it and see what the problem is here.

Tamm63, have you let us know about problems you are having? I am not sure who you are thats why I ask. I have done so much work with this factory over the last couple of years with fit and tolerance of ways and the whole machine, they have trained employees and made so many adjustments to quality control, there should be zero issues. No its not going to be like a jig more but it should be very very reasonable, within a few thousandths, no more than that. If you have not let us know please do so we can get it solved. I don't think you guys understand how much I want every single machine to exceed everyone's expectations. I am CONSTANTLY on and on and on these people at factories about QC and making the best machine they can make. And it really gets to me when I hear that something is not what is should be. Most people seem to love the 833, we sell almost 1000 of them per year.
But if there is an issue, I definitely want to know about it and fix it. Not only for you, but so I know for the future if they are trying to pass something along that isn't right. Seriously if something is not right, please let us know. And let them know that Matt said to contact, I want to see it and see what the problem is here.

I have no complaints with the machine and am very happy with it. My issues were totally related to my complete lack of any background in machining. My initial problems were that one of the dial indicators I was using on my tramming tool was off and I didn't catch it. After that it was just a couple gentle taps on the head to get it lined up and adding a shim to the ones that were already there from the factory. to get everything squared. I only wish I had the extra cash for the power feeds. I am figuring out the DRO but think it is a must have addition from what I have done so far.

Back