Treadmill motor on rong fu rf-30.

So on he microwave transformer , ya just pulled the top windings like the guys do in the microwave to spot welder YouTube's & then left that part of the transformer empty ?
thanks
animal12

So on he microwave transformer , ya just pulled the top windings like the guys do in the microwave to spot welder YouTube's & then left that part of the transformer empty ?
thanks
animal12
Yes Yes I did. Probably should have cut the frame down.
I measured the Henry's but right now can't remember what they read. You remove the High Voltage step up "fine" windings- just leave the large diameter less turns winding.

Last edited:
Thanks , thats a whole other path that I hadn't considered . Now to add microwaves to my list ,
thanks
again
animal12

Thanks , thats a whole other path that I hadn't considered . Now to add microwaves to my list ,
thanks
again
animal12
Yep, Please be safe with making sure the capacitor is discharged before disassembly of a microwave.
Good Luck with whatever drive you decide to go with.

Thanks , yea , I know all about that . I helped my dad build a couple Heath Kit color TV's in the 60's . Taught me all about the hidden high voltage . Ya gotta respect something that ya can't see that can kick yer butt .
animal12

Thanks , yea , I know all about that . I helped my dad build a couple Heath Kit color TV's in the 60's . Taught me all about the hidden high voltage . Ya gotta respect something that ya can't see that can kick yer butt .
animal12
Yeah the old CRT Aquadag voltage can really knock a guys socks off!

Yeah the old CRT Aquadag voltage can really knock a guys socks off!
I used to have to fix the old CRT monitors at work @ 40 years back . I had a 10 gage cord I made with only ground wire in the plug . It was made just for discharging CRT's . Had a tag on it that said Death Cord . No one ever took it from our lab . We did loose a lot of other stuff , but never the cord .
thanks
animal12

Changing speeds on the RF-30 and similar machines is a pain, especially if you change speeds every time that you should. Mine is a Jet-16 that has 2 idlers and 3 belts. ROYAL pain!

There is an excellent YouTube channel, "DazeCars" which has extensive information on powering machinery with treadmill motors. He even has at least one episode that discussed torque vs. rpm vs horsepower that is very enlightening. https://www.youtube.com/@dazecars

Edit: OOPS! I posted after reading 2 pages. DazeCars wans't mentioned at that point.

I used to work on a Military Radar, Caps are a bother. I don't go near the big ones unless I have a shorting bar ( screwdriver ) I short everything out every time, I go near one. Had a about 2" of a 1/4" shorting bar vaporize in my hand one time, That's all it took for me!!

As to a controller. I just used the one that came with the treadmill.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
Just took a bit of looking around to figure out how to plug a pot in place of the front panel controller.
I even used the front panel controller from one of them for a while, Too bulky in the end and had some delay issues, so I ripped it out and replaced it with a 3 position switch and a pot. Found a small digital read out for a tach and mounted them in a small 3X5X2 box on the front of the mill. Works great!
b

Back