Turning A36

boy I would love to do something like that, but my rear is about 45 feet maybe more.. I also have a ranch, and my trees overhang the house, so even with guards, I am up on the roof many times a year. I had the type that flow over, but over time they stop working and in a heavy rain they do not work, most of the rain just flows over instead of following the curve. I have basic guards right now, and they are full of my pin oak's pollen strings. I've been up there twice, and need to do it again, and probably remove many covers and clean out underneath.
We had Leaf Filter gutter guards for 15 yrs and the were great.

We have heavy leaf canopy and neither the oak worms (IYKYK) nor the poplar spinners affected them.

OP, cantilever your design and they will automatically dump when the weight gets above a certain point.

Motors will just be a hassle long term.

We have heavy leaf canopy and neither the oak worms (IYKYK) nor the poplar spinners affected them.

OP, cantilever your design and they will automatically dump when the weight gets above a certain point.

Gutter guards probably work for most people.

I don't think that's what anyone would want. imagine walking out and it decides to dump .. :(

Gutter guards probably work for most people.
I am not clear on what you are proposing. If I had the gutters motorized and on a schedule, I would have a rain sensor in place to prevent the gutters from rotating if it's raining or wet conditions. I wouldn't want the gutters to rotate if there's water in the gutters. That would defeat the purpose of channeling the water to the downspout. For me, it would be extremely difficult to balance the gutters to only dump when there's debris in them and not water. I don't think I could figure that out. Having them on a schedule has a lot of options. Daily, weekly, etc. I've been a maintenance electrician for the last 40 years and have worked extensively with motors, motor controllers, plc s, every conceivable sensor out there. The electrical side is a no brainer for me. The best design is usually the simplest. That's my goal.

Back