Unilever Cuts !

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member

April 14th will be the 10 year anniversary of our plant being shut down . :( Here we go again , I guess they just never make enough $$$$ .

Oh gosh. I’m sitting cattywampus across from Ben & Jerry’s main ice cream plant here in St. Albans Industrial Park.

This is likely a happy day for dyed-in-the-wool Ben and Jerry’s hardliners. Of which I am not included unless you are talking solely about ice cream and this despite being a seventh generation Vermonter - not a huge Ben & Jerry’s fan. There have been ideological differences boiling over with corporate for three years now locally.

On the other hand, as members here read the news about this, I have to play the part of Hobby Machinist admin. This news is mostly political in nature so please bear that in mind before you comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh gosh. I’m sitting cattywampus across from Ben & Jerry’s main ice cream plant here in St. Albans Industrial Park.
I knew this Bryan . Hope this all works out well for the employees and community . :encourage: Our plant at shut down . I asked for this thread to be shut down at this point before going south .

Attachments

• Lever Brothers.jpg
    Lever Brothers.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 14
My dad worked for Unilever briefly after they bought out Best Foods and decided to close the engineering office he worked out of and move the employees to the Unilever office in North Jersey. The Best Foods lawyers found a clause in the employment contracts that if the office gets moved more than 50 miles, employees are entitled to an additional year of severance. That was perfect timing for my dad to retire after working for BF for close to 40 years. If I recall correctly, half the engineering department chose to leave Instead of commute to the new office.

Same as with Starrett, maximize shareholder value.

The company I retired from was once owned by unilever,they "taxed" us for every piece of equipment that wasn't be put in continuous use.We were forced to sell off any property not directly related to running the plant and after they collected as much revenue from us as they could find they sold us.

Back