US General tool box... Found....

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I am looking for a US General single bank 26 x 22 tool box. The closer to Carson Ca. the better. I cannot do a purchase over the phone, or online. I tried to get one from the store, and have my freight forwarder pick it up, and take it to the container that comes directly to Kauai. That is not allowed, and HF will not ship it to Hawaii. I'm trying not to buy a Husky, but may have to.
1636149779114.png

Last edited:
yea, the HF is superior to the Husky. Especially the bigger boxes. Have watched a few teardown/comparisons. Actually better than Snap on if you ask me, as the value is much higher w/HF.. It's one of the things HF does very well.

Good luck. No HF in Hawaii? And they won't ship there. What's up with that... Ask them if they can do a drop off from China? :eagerness:

I am looking for a US General single bank 26 x 22 tool box. The closer to Carson Ca. the better. I cannot do a purchase over the phone, or online. I tried to get one from the store, and have my freight forwarder pick it up, and take it to the container that comes directly to Kauai. That is not allowed, and HF will not ship it to Hawaii. I'm trying not to buy a Husky, but may have to.
View attachment 384455

I'm leaning toward this one too, but am considering the 34" for $599.

I was looking to get the Grizzly lathe stand for my lathe (I hate it being on a butcher block work table.) For the price after shopping, I'm looking at $700 to $800. For that price, I'm thinking of getting a solid rollaway toolbox as well. I hear good things about HFT Icon boxes. Isn't US General a HFT brand as well?
Can you have someone buy it in Cali and ship to Hawaii? Is that crazy expensive? I see some Snap-on 52-56" on Craigslist as well, so MY options are great. I guess this is what you have to deal with to live in a beautiful paradise. It's like living on the moon and limits some options.

I was looking to get the Grizzly lathe stand for my lathe (I hate it being on a butcher block work table.) For the price after shopping, I'm looking at $700 to $800. For that price, I'm thinking of getting a solid rollaway toolbox as well. I hear good things about HFT Icon boxes. Isn't US General a HFT brand as well?
Can you have someone buy it in Cali and ship to Hawaii? Is that crazy expensive? I see some Snap-on 52-56" on Craigslist as well, so MY options are great. I guess this is what you have to deal with to live in a beautiful paradise. It's like living on the moon and limits some options.
That's what he is trying to do. He's looking for someone to buy it and bring it to his shipping company.

View attachment 384455
If you want to workout the shipping that is suitable to you and not terribly inconvenient to me, I'd be happy to buy it and help you out.

The only inconvenience other than you going out of your way to buy it, would be to be home/work when the forwarder needs to pick it up from your location. If this get's to be a chore, or is inconvenient at all, I will figure something else out. Thank you for the thought.

The only inconvenience other than you going out of your way to buy it, would be to be home/work when the forwarder needs to pick it up from your location. If this get's to be a chore, or is inconvenient at all, I will figure something else out. Thank you for the thought.
That shouldn't be a problem. Let's give it a shot. The sale price is good until 11/11.

I have both a Husky in that size and the US General, there is no comparison, although the Husky was less than half the price so it really shouldn't be a surprise.

I am looking for a US General single bank 26 x 22 tool box.
:rolleyes: If you were only closer Mike . I have 4 of the 42 inchers over here . I think we went thru the shipping hassles already though . :)

Back