Van norman#(11) no kidding!

springer454

Registered
Registered
Helo all I just ran into a Van norman # 11,this model is not listed in any of the spec sheets forums of nothin . First let you in on a little Secret its got navy plates all over it from Pensacola "NAS" AIN'T THAT A HOOT? any how, the dead giveaway is the rear mounted moter, in the base and a CHAIN DRIVE TO THE spindle gearbox and a chain drive to the table feed gearbox.So Is it possible the machine was only sold to the uncle sam croud?
as that would explain the chain drive and fully inclosed so you could not get tangled up in that beast's drive system & look over where you're arm used to be!.........yuk bad day....

anyhow If anybody has any info please give me a hollar as the duplex head and all the rapid feed x table travel works like it should.

lets see the paint all 7 layers have been needle guned off, and it fixen too get a battle ship grey paint job next on the list. Right now I'am wirein up a Enco compact five with all new electronics motors power supplys B.O.B. AND RELAYS FOR THE SPINDLE CONTROL Mach3 will control the elec. side bobcad 19 will handle the cad,cam side I bet theres close to 100 wires to get in perfect order if not there goes the smoke...... multi meter will be used dilagently. did I spell that corectly? anyhow van norman # 11 is the newest mistery iron in my shop i'll try to post pics so I won't get flamed for not doing so

Thx

don

van norman#,11 005.jpg van norman#,11 015.jpg van norman#,11 018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, awesome find, man!

I wonder if the Kusinich site has anything on it?

When you get a chance, I would love to see more photos of the ram and table assemblies.

Where did you buy it?

Nelson

Briilliant - thanks! Have contacted John for any hints.
Cheers,
Joe

Thanks all DaveH ,.Joe here's the pics requested although I still can't find any nmention of the # 11 with the chain drive in all the van norman spacific posts

duplex navy 11 van norman 014.jpg duplex navy 11 van norman 013.jpg duplex navy 11 van norman 026.jpg duplex navy 11 van norman 022.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back