Vernier Bevel Protractor Documentation?

Charles Spencer

Active User
Registered
I bought one of these off of Amazon:

protracttor 3.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CI3Z2IQ/

I can't find any documentation on how to properly use this. I can sort of figure it out (up and down, side to side, change the angle), but I'm sure an instruction sheet would be a big help. If anybody has one I'd sure appreciate a copy.

Nice.Basically just like any other vernier. You read the nearest whole degree near the zero mark. The you find the line that matches up, and that would be the seconds .
It appears that you just stick the item into the gap to the right, adjust the tool, and read the results.
Doesn't appear hard to figure out how to adjust so that the flats are on the piece.

so it looks like you can also remove the square, and mount straight to the straight bar. so you can read 91 to 180

Last edited:
Nice.Basically just like any other vernier. You read the nearest whole degree near the zero mark. The you find the line that matches up, and that would be the seconds .

A picture from the Amazon link to illustrate.

In this picture the 0 shows the closest degree is 1 deg. You then look on the vernier to see which of the minute marks lines up. Hard to tell from the picture, may be 10 mins.

Vernier_protractor.jpg

Thank you, but that's not really what I was asking. I have vernier micrometers and calipers and have been using them for a number of years.

I was hoping to find the instruction sheet in order to see how best to utilize the various adjustments.

it looks like you can also remove the square, and mount straight to the straight bar. so you can read 91 to 180

You may be right there. This is the kind of thing that the instruction sheet might tell me.

Thank you, but that's not really what I was asking. I have vernier micrometers and calipers and have been using them for a number of years.

I was hoping to find the instruction sheet in order to see how best to utilize the various adjustments.

You may be right there. This is the kind of thing that the instruction sheet might tell me.
It's difficult to tell just looking at the photo and if I had it in my hand it may be clearer, but I think everything with a thumbscrew has a purpose that pertains to what you can move or reposition to check an angle. If it measures to 320° as advertised, an instruction manual would be advantageous.

No problem Charles. Have you used it yet? If yes, how do you like it so far. I've always had my eye on one of these but I could never find many people commenting about it. I've always wondered how well they work & how useful they would be.

No problem Charles. Have you used it yet? If yes, how do you like it so far. I've always had my eye on one of these but I could never find many people commenting about it. I've always wondered how well they work & how useful they would be.
I bend a lot of metal and I'm usually not bending anything past 180° unless it's with a 2 1/2# singlejack fueled by frustration, but I will be looking for feedback on the protractor. :D

Back