[How-To] Video test

davek181

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Posted some videos from my phone in another post and some couldn't open them, so I got an MP4 converter and converted them. Just testing to see if these are more post friendly.

Attachments

• converted_4.mp4
    9 MB
  • converted_3.mp4
    7.5 MB
so your earlier vids both wound up saving to disk, then having to open them to display. These open right in my browser using Chrome. thumbs-up-sign_1f44d.png

So did the converted ones open right up? If so that is what I will do in the future if I post any more videos. I like the converter so far because it has been so hard to get our drag race videos off the phone and onto a thumb drive. Apple just does things differently I guess, and PCs don't like the files.

So did the converted ones open right up? If so that is what I will do in the future if I post any more videos. I like the converter so far because it has been so hard to get our drag race videos off the phone and onto a thumb drive. Apple just does things differently I guess, and PCs don't like the files.
Yes, they opened in the browser fine. Apple intentionally makes it difficult. It's why I'm on Android... But that's no picnic either.

Worked great! Thanks maybe you can share the name of the converter for other members here?

I read reviews and compared, not knowing anything at all initially. I chose this one because it did all the conversions in the phone and didn't need to go online like some of the others, plus the reviews were mostly positive. it is in the app store and costs 3.99 for the full version. I tried the free version at first and couldn't seem to get it to work, so I emptied my savings account and paid the $3.99. It worked great then.

MP4 Maker - Convert to MP4 4+​

Convert videos to MP4 format​

Arthur Eduardo Skaetta Alvarez Desenvolvimento de Software LTDA.

Yes, they opened in the browser fine. Apple intentionally makes it difficult. It's why I'm on Android... But that's no picnic either.
Opened up directly on my iPhone 6s, good video & sound.

Apple to Apple works well by design, but to those obviously mentally challenged people like me who dare to buy some other brand device find many things made very difficult. Like our drag race videos, it took quite a bit of fooling around to be able to extract them from an Iphone and onto a thumb drive to be viewed on a PC.

I can understand wanting all your devices to work seamlessly with each other as Apple has done quite well, but to punish the infidels that stray from the fold is unnecessary in my opinion. In my rebellious nature it almost turns me away from the brand, though I do have an Iphone and Ipod, but not an Imac, or watch or whatever else they make.

So far I really like my MP4 converter and feel that it is an option apple should have included in their package to make their customer's lives easier. It is a snap to convert to several different file types without studying the internet for hours while trying to download files from your phone. I used to dread trying to add the new drag race files to the thumb drive for viewing freely around the shop, or on a site like this, that anyone can open.

My own posts I just made that triggered this need were also unviewable by me when I tried to review the post to make sure it was ok on my PC. I figured it was a glitch in the site itself and just had to hope the videos were visible by others. I can view the converted ones easily so it is not a glitch, rather proprietary software gone too far, in my opinion.

Apple to Apple works well by design, but to those obviously mentally challenged people like me who dare to buy some other brand device find many things made very difficult. Like our drag race videos, it took quite a bit of fooling around to be able to extract them from an Iphone and onto a thumb drive to be viewed on a PC.

I can understand wanting all your devices to work seamlessly with each other as Apple has done quite well, but to punish the infidels that stray from the fold is unnecessary in my opinion. In my rebellious nature it almost turns me away from the brand, though I do have an Iphone and Ipod, but not an Imac, or watch or whatever else they make.

So far I really like my MP4 converter and feel that it is an option apple should have included in their package to make their customer's lives easier. It is a snap to convert to several different file types without studying the internet for hours while trying to download files from your phone. I used to dread trying to add the new drag race files to the thumb drive for viewing freely around the shop, or on a site like this, that anyone can open.

My own posts I just made that triggered this need were also unviewable by me when I tried to review the post to make sure it was ok on my PC. I figured it was a glitch in the site itself and just had to hope the videos were visible by others. I can view the converted ones easily so it is not a glitch, rather proprietary software gone too far, in my opinion.
Could you point me to the original post with the files that some couldn't open? Thanks.

The company I worked for most recently was PC based since that is where AutoCAD reigns, but most of us had iPhones & iPads, including the IT guy. I had no issues transferring photos & videos from my iPhone to my company Lenova laptop via USB, but if I mailed any photos back to the office they always came out upside-down (I just figured this was Apple's way to give it to MS).

Two posts I made in POTD thread:
https://www.hobby-machinist.com/thr...you-make-in-your-shop-today.67833/post-964426

The only way I had found at that time to get the videos off my phone into a file I could move to a PC was to email the video to myself and download it on my PC. Maybe my procedure was flawed, but I now have an easy workaround with the converter.

Back