Walked out on the worms

markba633csi

Mark Silva
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My lady friend and I went to see Dune 2 yesterday, but the HVAC system in the theater made such an annoying hum
we had to leave after about 10 minutes. We spoke to the manager and got a refund but I'm not hopeful anything will be done
unless they get a bunch of complaints, and even then it's probably cheaper for them to just give a few refunds.
Very disappointing! I realize they need to move a certain number of CFM but doesn't anybody check this stuff?
I was all set to enjoy some major worm action; had the popcorn, the red licorice, the Dr. pepper, then clobbered by Mr. 60 HZ!

Last edited:
Slightly OT, but if you've read the book(s) I'd be interested in your impression of Dune (1). The 80's version (which Frank Herbert had a hand it) sucked something terrible.

GsT

The 80's version (which Frank Herbert had a hand it) sucked something terrible.

Haha I know that is the consensus, but I actually liked the '80s version! I read the books in the '70s, consider myself a fan but not a megafan, not insulted when a movie takes liberties with a book. Sometimes it's necessary. I'm mostly grateful when books I like get made into movies.

I love the Villeneuve remake, seen it 3 times. Haven't seen part 2 yet, but I have my tickets for the Seattle Cinerama though, for Tuesday. 97 foot wide screen, the best sound system Paul Allen could afford, truly superior theater. The seats are even comfy, and farther apart than in most movie theaters. Reserved seating. We're in the front row of the second section, so nothing in front of us but an aisle, infinite leg room. Eat your heart out.

Told my wife we’re watching it next weekend. Never read the book. My Mother did, and seemed to like the first movie in the new series.

Is this like the "Tremors" movies or am I way off topic ? :oops:

LOL yeah kinda
I actually liked the David Lynch version too

I think my final opinion will be based on what I think of each release. Have not seen Dune 2 yet. The first one was just flat out incredible but it's going to be judged on how the whole story gets told. This isn't a series where any one movie will stand on its own very well. All or nothing.

Comparing Dune and Tremors is... well... they both have some sand and some worms. That's it for similarities.

The 80s version was ok for the unique thing it was. This is far more intense and a far more cohesive story.

i got to go see it with dad, we saw the 84 release together... i was like 4 lol, but it meant a lot to see the new one with him. i really enjoyed the new ones, they did pretty good on them. and ive read all the books

Is this like the "Tremors" movies or am I way off topic ? :oops:
Kinda, but they all snort dope that turns their eyes blue, and they recycle their sweat and drink it through their nose.

The fight scenes are terrible, but I only just finally watched it a couple years ago.

Back