WANTED 7HP rotary phase converter and 6KVA 3 PH transformer 220V to 600V minimum spec

TorontoBuilder

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Okay, so I've been looking half heartedly for used phase converter and transformer to power my hydraulic 8x24 surface grinder.

I'd toyed with the idea of perhaps replacing the three individual motors it had but thought I may as well bite the bullet and go big. This way I can perhaps pick up another deal on a machine that uses 600v 3 ph one day too.

So if you have used surplus as above and are within a 5 hour drive of Toronto, without crossing an International Border get in touch please.

Okay, so I've been looking half heartedly for used phase converter and transformer to power my hydraulic 8x24 surface grinder.

I'd toyed with the idea of perhaps replacing the three individual motors it had but thought I may as well bite the bullet and go big. This way I can perhaps pick up another deal on a machine that uses 600v 3 ph one day too.

So if you have used surplus as above and are within a 5 hour drive of Toronto, without crossing an International Border get in touch please.

I found both a 7.5 HP phase converter and a 15 KVA transformer, only 6.5 hr drive away.

I don't have a converter , but I'll be in Toronto tomorrow :)

Damn, a little more notice and we could have had you over to the shop/garage

Please post pictures when you get it up and running!

Please post pictures when you get it up and running!

Will do.

I think, or rather hope it will be up and running immediately. The system has plugs and receptacles already installed by the gentleman who owns it, so it should just be matter of plugging it into a suitable 220v outlet in the shop (which we have several of) and then connecting the plug of the transformer into the converter and the surface grinder into the transformer receptacle and bob's your uncle we'll be up and running.

The only real work will be putting a plug on the surface grinder, lifting it to remove the pallet from underneath it, and refilling with hydraulic oil. Maybe true the magnetic chuck up...

Back