Wanted: Versamil Shaper/broach & Universal Head

astjp2

Active User
Registered
I got most of a Versamil and it needs the shaper, does anyone have one laying around they don't want? PM me with info. Thanks, Tim
keywords: versa mill, versamil, versa mil, versamill, shapter, broach, key cutter, keyway cutter

I am also looking for the universal head or 90* head. for a 31 versa mil

Have you tried to contact Versamill? The man that runs Versamill now is a one man show. I don't have his contact information but I'm sure if you did a internet search his site will come up. I know new stuff is pricy but to find old stuff is going to very rare to find.

I talked to Brian, just the shaper was $1800, the universal head was another 1500, so each tool costs more than I paid for the machine.

Did you buy the machine new (I'm assuming that what he has to sell is either new or factory overhauled)?

No, I found a used one. Those prices are for new pieces from Brian. A new Versamil is over 14K with all of the tooling. Tim

OK. Then I would assume that those are probably reasonable prices for today. Regardless of what you may have paid for the basic machine. When I got back actively into machining after a 20 year hiatus, I was at first astounded by what even the used accessories that I hadn't bought new with the lathe were going for compared with what a bare bones (no accessories) lathe could be found for. But I got over it eventually. :)

Back