Warranty card arrived.

cgcwmec627

Registered
Registered
I received an email from Grizzly containing the information on my SB 10 lathe.
Sept 10 1965 and it was purchased by "Packard", no address.
It can't be the automobile company since they went out of business in 1958.
Oh well,at least I know it's birthday.

Attachments

• Warranty card_14988RKLX16_order 11607877.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
I'll bet it is the auto company- some kind of end of contract purchase

Typically, assets will be picked up by other companies, and still might operate under old names and monikers for a while. Good very well still be the auto company.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Studebaker acquired Packard and the name stayed until 1963 or 4,Studebaker dropped packard from its logo.
Most likely the account with south bend remained simply "Packard",now that's speculation on my part but it does sound plausible.

Somewhere around here I have a piece of letterhead from the first automobile dealership my father partnered in. They sold Studebaker, Packard, and Clipper.

Studebaker acquired Packard and the name stayed until 1963 or 4,Studebaker dropped packard from its logo.
Most likely the account with south bend remained simply "Packard",now that's speculation on my part but it does sound plausible.
In 1961 Sherwood Egbert was appointed company president. He was expected to help diversify the company. In the spring of 1962, four years after the last Packard car rolled off the assembly line, and eight years following the merger between Packard and Studebaker, the company dropped 'Packard' from its legal name, which returned to being 'Studebaker Corporation'.

I received an email from Grizzly containing the information on my SB 10 lathe.
Sept 10 1965 and it was purchased by "Packard", no address.
It can't be the automobile company since they went out of business in 1958.
Oh well,at least I know it's birthday.
Actually looks like Packard survived into 1966 as part of Studebaker.

Back