Resolved Web problems

rzw0wr

Registered
Registered
Anyone here having problems with the forum?

I get locked up sometimes and my post appear twice.

Dale

Yes . Will started a thread a few days back about this , I believe we have a new server . It seems we are running a slower than usual .

Upvote 0
It does show how impatient we all are with modern tech, I want to read all the posts on Bob Shars hit an miss engine but most times the photos dont load or if they do its a long wait.
I am finding any picture rich post a pain to load.
About the only thing missing is the brrrrrzzzzztmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmpzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbb noise from the dial up modem.

Upvote 0
Anyone here having problems with the forum?

I get locked up sometimes and my post appear twice.

Dale
We do have a new server. The old one has been "retired" so for good or bad, there is no going back.

The double posts (which can also appear in the PM system) are caused by the sender clicking on the Post reply (or other appropriate name) button repeatably during the delay.

I have no idea what the significance of the difference is but with two most recent versions of Firefox I have seen two different indicators of the delay. The (possibly) newer one is a small black solid block moving in a circle (ellipse, actually) in the upper left corner of the screen. This is a normal response by Firefox at least but in most cases the response is so quick and the moving block gone so quickly that the user never sees it. The other indicator I don't think I've noticed in the past few days but it was a moving shadow across the top of the screen that near the right end of the main tool bar dipped down below the bar.

Anyway, to avoid the double posts, keep your hands off of the keyboard during a hang.

Upvote 0
Back