Webb Cnc Knee Mill With Webbmatic 800 Controller Help Needed.

Dracen knights

Registered
Registered
ok so I was going to keep this quiet until I got the machine home but I simply can't do it. I just received a Webb knee mill with a Webbmatic 800 controller. the data plate says made in 1988 model is 5 vk. It has a 5 hp 3 phase motor on it. (I know nothing about phase converters but thats the plan... I should be able to get the needed parts for the converter pretty easy here locally. anyway I'm mostly looking for manuals or any info you guys might be able to come up with. now this mill was bought new from the place I'm getting it they used it for a few years then they started buying HAAS machines and the Webb went to only getting used 2-3 weeks a year a week at a time. so it's been maintained but not beat or worn out. and it might come with a few tool holders but not to many. I know it's an 40nt tapper. below is the exact machine I'm getting. What a step going from only manual machines to 2 cnc mills and a cnc lathe in less than a month.... but this is the first fullsize cnc.

Oh yeah it has a power draw bar, but manual speed control.

webb mill.JPG

Thanks for the responce. I found the manual mill manual as well forgot to metion that but still good to have here. Now i didnt know who made the mill so thank you very much for that info.....

Nice looking rigid machine. looks to have box ways.

I'm going to guess the control is re-badged from another control manufacturer. Haven't heard of Webb controls.

Karl

PS lots of good home made phase converter write ups on this forum

I did a bit more research and that Webbmatic 800 may be a Fanuc controller. I found some reference to that but no other information.

thanks guys... I plan on opening up the controller and seeing what info I can find on the boards and all. from what I have been told the the control screen is green. I'll have to see what I can find on the fanuc controller.. but it would not at all surprise me as the machinr itself is rebadged.

I worked at a shop where we bought 2 of those right around 88. They probably made more $$ per pound than anything in the shop. I ran one on and off when things were slow, or filled in when someone was out. I wish I had one now. I really don't have a lot of use for CNC at the moment, but I'd take one of those in a heartbeat.

I did a bit more research and that Webbmatic 800 may be a Fanuc controller. I found some reference to that but no other information.

That was my vote, just looking at a pic of the control. Get part numbers off the board and see if they match fanuc's.

Karl

ok so a small update I sent webb an email last night and they responded already. they say the control will be a dynapath control or a general numeric/fancu.

Back