Webb/Takisawa TSL-800D, curious if there are other owners here

Hi All,

Does anyone have some good pictures of the wiring of this beast - prefer the single speed. The PO made a real mess of things, and I need to rewire to get it to run - It was running in their shop... Lots of 'fixes', that need to now be fixed... my email rbahr the number 1900, followed by yahoo.com

I do realize that one O them nice VFDs would clear up a lot of problems, but I have a nice RPC, and $500 is just not currently in the budget...

Has anyone reached Green Bay Manu.?

Thanks in advance...

Ray

Regarding your second question, I contacted Green Bay and just received my 7/8-8 LH crossfeed lead screw.

Regarding the other issue, I went with a VFD and never looked back; the import ones are not overly expensive.

Good luck with the grafting... Glad to hear that Grean Ba is not shuttered

I have been preoccupied with life and haven't had time to keep up with the thread and haven't been posting here. Sorry for the neglect.

rbahr,
I might have photos from the old wiring that was in my lathe, all of that has ceased to exist, but if I can help I will. Here's what's in the manual1567626540252.png
1567626873475.png

I'll send an email with my phone# and we can chat about what may be needed to get you running. I may only be available to help for a few days, I'm headed to Japan for a couple of weeks for work and don't know how connected I'll be.

I finally installed the DRO on my lathe over the weekend, not terribly difficult, just tedious. Total install time was around 10 hours, to include drilling/tapping holes, milling the mounting blocks, etc... Very pleased with the purchase from DRO-PROS.

IMG_20190901_102500.jpgIMG_20190901_154424.jpgIMG_20190901_173437.jpgIMG_20190902_114140.jpgIMG_20190902_114148.jpgIMG_20190902_114158.jpgIMG_20190902_123023.jpg

Hi everyone, I've been off doing other things, but wanted to get a bit more info back to the group in regards to the steady rest. I never did get solid measurements for it, but tonight I went ahead and 3D scanned it. Attached are some photos of the scan. I also have a .obj file, but the forum doesn't seem to want me to upload that, so PM me if anyone wants that file. The scale is not correct as I'm still learning to work with the scanner and one of these days I'll take it a few steps further to get better info for everyone. As you can see, the steady rest is a pretty complex casting, but if someone here is ambitious and has a 3D printer big enough, we can probably get all the data and models together to make a sand casting. I don't have any experience with sand casting, but someone here might :rolleyes:. Anyway, sorry for the long delay, but here is some more steady rest info...

Attachments

• SteadyRest2-1.jpg
    SteadyRest2-1.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 12
  • SteadyRest2-2.png
    SteadyRest2-2.png
    517.2 KB · Views: 11
  • SteadyRest2-3.png
    SteadyRest2-3.png
    425.7 KB · Views: 10
So, I got the circuitry figured out, re-wired everything, and discovered that my 5HP RPC is just not up to the task of running this thing. I was able to get the motor running by turning on another 3P 5hp motor I have, but that is not a good long term solution. Currently looking at a nice 7.5hp used AB VFD OR an upgrade path for the RPC...

Pulled the motor out yesterday, and the 30+ YO bearings look perfect...

Does anyone have a part number for replacement belts or brake material?

Thanks

Ray

Hi everyone, I've been off doing other things, but wanted to get a bit more info back to the group in regards to the steady rest. I never did get solid measurements for it, but tonight I went ahead and 3D scanned it. Attached are some photos of the scan. I also have a .obj file, but the forum doesn't seem to want me to upload that, so PM me if anyone wants that file. The scale is not correct as I'm still learning to work with the scanner and one of these days I'll take it a few steps further to get better info for everyone. As you can see, the steady rest is a pretty complex casting, but if someone here is ambitious and has a 3D printer big enough, we can probably get all the data and models together to make a sand casting. I don't have any experience with sand casting, but someone here might :rolleyes:. Anyway, sorry for the long delay, but here is some more steady rest info...

For several old woodworking machine parts I've needed, I've used Cattail foundry in Amish PA with great results.

Back