Wells-Index 847 Milling Machine - Ownership Thread

Placing this here for a future project... Pedal Operated Brake

Order placed for:

DURApulse GS20 series AC general purpose drive, 230 VAC, 3hp with 1-phase input - GS21-23P0 - $246.00 (Backordered but able to place the order)
DURApulse keypad mounting cable, 9.8ft/3m cable length - GS-CBL2-3L - $21.50 (back in stock)

I asked that they ship both at the same time... so maybe here towards the end of next week or the week following that...

On my way to pick up the gantry crane to finally get this beast off the old pallet and on the new one...

Leveling pads ordered!

And all the parts to refresh the one pump oiling system arrived. Will tackle this over the weekend.

Got it done... My wife helped me with the assembly of the gantry crane and raising it in place. No way that I could have done this by myself...

I will be returning the pallets and all the lumber from the seller today (Saturday)

Here I was installing the last few bits of the crane...

IMG_3989.jpeg

And the milling machine now on its new pallet... temporary of course.

IMG_3990.jpeg

Raised the head back again. And now moved out of the way... can't wait to have it in its final place...

IMG_3991.jpeg

IMG_3994.jpeg

There is my plan… God’s plan… and then there is what my wife planned for the day…:rolleyes:

I had planned to spend the day cleaning the machine and changing oil lines…. This is as far as I got…

D20A5EFE-32B1-4188-A8DF-C7E59D24DC1D.jpeg
Only cleaned that side!! Man!!

Anyway… done for the day…

FE238008-B4E4-4BFD-B21D-23C1A58C5F8F.jpeg

I am looking at the things I need to do to the mill... Looking at a power feed for the knee... I was planning on ordering one from Precision Matthews... I do not believe that it will fit... different setup in this one...

Back of the handle

IMG_4018.jpeg

Handle removed

IMG_4019.jpeg

Dial removed...

IMG_4020.jpeg

Then looking at stuff that is missing...

Bottom cover for one of the power feeds is missing. This covers the bottom gears on the Servo.

IMG_4026.jpeg

One has it...

IMG_4027.jpeg

And I am missing the handwheel here...

IMG_4025.jpeg

And missing a couple of handle studs... those looked to have been replaced with a thread rod. The knobs are there, so maybe that can wait...

I will call the Wells-Index company tomorrow to check on pricing of all those...

In the meantime, continued to clean the machine... yeah, that is another one of the oil lines that need replacing. I will replace them all...

IMG_4031.jpeg
IMG_4030.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg

Still need to clean the other side...

What a beast that one is!! Can you say RIDGID!! ;)
Can’t wait to use it!!

Going motorcycle riding next week… VFD should here by the time I get back on the 16… can’t wait!!

Back