What Did You Buy Today?

Next up is the set of 3 adjustable transfer punches I ordered from KBC tools a few weeks back. They called after I placed the order, and said they had sold out, but would ship them to me when they came back in. True to their word, they showed up yesterday. They had a little surface rust, but cleaned up easily with a little steel wool. Mike

View attachment 486945
That’s good news: hopefully mine will be here shortly, too.

Decided to grab one of these and see if they are any good. If it does not suit, I have a friend who can (eventually) use it.

1713395725279.png
Finally had a chance to use this after a busy week (Running a Ride with 60 people, controlled by radios is not as easy as it sounds!)

Found it very useful and faster than setting height using my old method, so in with the lathe tools it stays :)

I found these at Costco today and couldn't pass them up. The latex gloves were $12.99 for a box of 50. There were some open ones, which must be at least 9mil, perhaps more. I pulled hard, but they didn't rip.
View attachment 486935

Next, the shop mats. They weigh at 46 lbs each. I bought 6 and might go back for a few more. They had quite a few, but these tend to be one-time or rarely stocked items. I haven't visited Costco in several months but have never seen them. I'll figure out placement this weekend.
View attachment 486936View attachment 486937
View attachment 486938
Isn't it amazing how pricey these mats are!!

I have that mill and I think you will be pleased. Check the dovetail casting for the headstock that rides on the Z axis and make sure there is not a crack between the locking screw and the oil port on the Left. This seems to be a weak area.

Well... he came out with a video offering 25% discount. Pulled the trigger on the vise from Andrew. Went with the 14" vise since I do not even have a workbench at this time. Figured I would make one as another project... Well, I did have one, the one my friend left me when he passed, but I gave that one to my niece. It was one of those from HF - workbench.

Turbovise.jpg

14" Twin Turbo vise, Cork rubber: Two pieces of 10" x 30" cork rubber, Bench Dogs: 4 Bench Dog Posts, Magnets, and Jatoba Tops, Wood Jaw: 2 piece Hard Maple Jaw Kit Included (Backorder, ships in summer 2024), Handle: Fast Action Handle, Support: Bearing Support (for low friction) presale

Got tired of waiting for all those companies selling used pallet jack racks... they never followed up with a quote... So went to Lowe's and got three of these for now. Not as tall as I wanted, but whatever. These are 24"x84"x84"

WS-66.jpeg
WS-67.jpeg

And then, picked up the last few tools my friend left me when he passed away...

WS-62.jpeg
WS-64.jpeg
WS-63.jpeg
As you can see, already put the table saw to work... cutting a few leftover 3/4" plywood I had. Made some shelf inserts for one of the racks that I also got from my friend...
WS-65.jpeg
Wife has claimed this one for extra storage for water, paper products, and other household items.

Also, gave in... got one of those PODS container to get the remaining stuff in the garage loaded up and brought over to Ocala from Orlando. Container arrives tomorrow and have friends coming over Saturday to help me load everything.

Last edited:
Back