What Did You Buy Today?

Fermic, can you post the dimensions of the scribe holder post, I might have one:>)

I got measurements with my micrometer and caliper :
8 mm on sides
10.18 mm thick
30.40 mm long

Something to note, that I still need information to know if I can zero this one with a scribe attached.
IMG_20210304_083620.jpg

Wow, that's a beefy, wide post! I have an extra one that that fits a 6mm ( .250" + a couple) but not that thick:<( Option.....If you can mill it thinner at the nose it's yours:<)

Wow, that's a beefy, wide post! I have an extra one that that fits a 6mm ( .250" + a couple) but not that thick:<( Option.....If you can mill it thinner at the nose it's yours:<)
Eh, I don't have a suitable mill. But thanks anyway.

I got measurements with my micrometer and caliper :
8 mm on sides
10.18 mm thick
30.40 mm long

Something to note, that I still need information to know if I can zero this one with a scribe attached.
View attachment 357938

Do you have the clamp that would lock the pointer to the arm? If you do, you could probably make the pointer. It is a precision part to ensure Zero is Zero.

1614877621876.png

Sadly not, I'll have buy one from somewhere.
Wonder if a different brand could work? Maybe with a little tweaking?

Maybe reach out to Starrett and Mitutoyo and see if they might have something for you. I have been very impressed by Starrett's technical support.

My purchase today... sorry, it's not machining related except... now I have something to haul new/old machines home on...

20210304_152227.jpg

It is 14x6, with a 5500lb cargo weight capacity. I just brought it home from the local Tractor Supply. Getting it home was an adventure...

Just a word of advice... ALWAYS check to see what size hitch ball a new trailer takes BEFORE towing it home. Never assume anything.

No damage, just an increased heart rate and a severely bruised ego. Now ya'll can laugh at or with me... your choice.

-Bear

Nice trailer. I assumed a hitch ball once too. Fortunately, there was no damage, but it scared the crap out of me when the trailer hopped off the ball. It only took once. I'm not proud of it but have a few, or more, 'it only took once' moments. LOL

Nice trailer. I assumed a hitch ball once too. Fortunately, there was no damage, but it scared the crap out of me when the trailer hopped off the ball. It only took once. I'm not proud of it but have a few, or more, 'it only took once' moments. LOL

A friend of mine once tried to load a golf cart on a smaller trailer and found out he forgot to latch the hitch clamp... when the hitch went through the tailgate on his 6 month old GMC truck.

It went through the tailgate... all the way through...

That was another 'only once' learning experience.

-Bear

Back