What goes up Must come down

sdelivery

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
These are at least a decade old , so I shouldn't be harming anyone's "feelings"
I was a witness to this.
Three well seasoned professionals, a good reminder that even professionals can have unforseen equipment failures.
Expect and plan for the unexpected.
1563.jpeg1564.jpeg1565.jpeg

What on earth was being lifted that caused that?

Either way, I suspect it was "off center" weight that caused the issue....

That looks vaguely familiar...

20221220_024647.jpg

20221220_024717.jpg

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I was told that the guy on the lift was working on the bridge crane. The crane cable became hooked on the lift and toppled it before the guy realized what was happening.

Noone was injured... the lift operator probably smelled poop for a while... the (almost new) Trak mill caught all the damage... it has since been repaired and is back in use.

-Bear

Amazing how small equipment looks after an accident.

Happens all the time in industry . One of the co-workers drove the fork lift off the dock and right into the dumpster . :grin: Luckily he did not get hurt , but of course all the accident paperwork had to be filled out along with all the safety team meetings .

Strange how we just were talking about this . This one took a females' life yesterday across the street from me . :( The Exmarks have a roll bar except for the first generation . Doesn't look like this had one so it could've been removed by the landscaping company .

Edit ..............the roll bar collapsed . :eek:

Back