What is the size of this chain hoist?

Mlv

Registered
Registered
Would like some help identifying this CM CHAIN HOIST. Is it 4 ton? Is that a 2 above the 4?

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 54
  • image000002.jpeg
    image000002.jpeg
    283.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1076.png
    IMG_1076.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Does it have the option of a pulley at the hook? Some older chain hoists came with a pulley which would account for the dual rating on your hoist. I'm just speaking from common sense rather than knowledge or expertise. I would think that it would be rated for 2 tons if lifting directly with the hook and 4 tons if incorporating a pulley.

I see this is your first post. Welcome to H.M. !

Does it have the option of a pulley at the hook? Some older chain hoists came with a pulley which would account for the dual rating on your hoist. I'm just speaking from common sense rather than knowledge or expertise. I would think that it would be rated for 2 tons if lifting directly with the hook and 4 tons if incorporating a pulley.

I see this is your first post. Welcome to H.M. !
Thank you so much. That makes sense! A family member passed and all of these tools are a bit overwhelming

It is a little different than the one that I have, same handle side, mine is rated at 1 1/2 ton, we call that a "come along" not a chain hoist.

Reactions: Mlv
It is a little different than the one that I have, same handle side, mine is rated at 1 1/2 ton, we call that a "come along" not a chain hoist.
I do remember hearing my dad call it that many years ago. It was so dark in that garage, we had a hard time taking photos. Come to find out, it’s a 3/4 Ton.image000000.jpeg

They can be pretty handy to have around, as they can be used in any position, something that is not so handy with an ordinary chain hoist.
Thanks so much for information, truly appreciate it.

Would like some help identifying this CM CHAIN HOIST. Is it 4 ton? Is that a 2 above the 4?
Should say 3/4 ton made in 1960's or 1970's. I forgot where label is.

Dave

Reactions: Mlv
Back