Why do they call it Sales Tax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Why do they call it Sales Tax when it is actually the Buyer who pays the tax. The correct name should be MORE TAX! I could buy a brand new Thing-ama-Bob or at least a slightly used Thing-ama-Jig every week with what it cost me in More Tax!

Why do they call it Sales Tax when it is actually the Buyer who pays the tax. The correct name should be MORE TAX! I could buy a brand new Thing-ama-Bob or at least a slightly used Thing-ama-Jig every week with what it cost me in More Tax!
If they wanted to help an economy they'd have a "keep it tax" where people are incentivized to spend money instead of punishing people when they spend money.

In Wisconsin, its actually sales and use tax. What gets me is the tax is collected every time an item is resold. This is especially egregious for titled items as it is impossible to bypass. Whenever the title is transferred, the sales tax has to be paid.

A better way would be a value added tax where tax tax is due only for the value added since the last sale.

In Wisconsin, its actually sales and use tax. What gets me is the tax is collected every time an item is resold. This is especially egregious for titled items as it is impossible to bypass. Whenever the title is transferred, the sales tax has to be paid.

A better way would be a value added tax where tax tax is due only for the value added since the last sale.
Good Idea. But guess who gets paid from the taxes? The ones making the rules.

I don't mean to turn this into a political rant. Just don't know where else to vent. I got banned from Facebook for telling the truth. However, they banned me for reposting a recipe of how to make a chocolate cake. Said it did not meet the Community standards of fakebook.

I don't mean to turn this into a political rant. Just don't know where else to vent. I got banned from Facebook for telling the truth. However, they banned me for reposting a recipe of how to make a chocolate cake. Said it did not meet the Community standards of fakebook.
Then stop posting this stuff in the General Machining discussions. It has nothing to do with machining.

Then stop posting this stuff in the General Machining discussions. It has nothing to do with machining.
It's been move to Off Topic.

I've seen quite a few members do this, some even titling the thread "OT:...", that doesn't mean it's acceptable. There's a reason why we have that section, many members like you & I don't want to see stuff like this mixed into machining topics.

Keep it appropiate, you guys already know this, or don't post at all. This thread is already on the track of getting locked or deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back