Wtb Benchtop Lathe

NBraun

Registered
Registered
Hi there!

I'm looking for a smaller bench top lathe. I'm just looking for something i can learn on, and use to make spacers and such. I don't know a whole lot about specific lathes, but i don't think i'd be too picky. I'm in south dakota.

Thanks!

If you don't want anything big you might look at the 7x12 or 7x14. They are an inexpensive small benchtop lathe. I have had mine for years and have made many things on it. Harbor Freight and other places sell them.

I'm the original poster, for some reason it won't let me log back in. So anyways, i was kind of trying to avoid buying a newer mini lathe like that, i was hoping to find like an older craftsman/atlas bench lathe.

Check Craigs List or Flea bay for some of the smaller South Bend lathes in your area

NB.

As you were able to reply, can we assume that you can now log in OK?

If by small bench top lathe, you mean something on the order of a 6x18, the Atlas 618 (sold by Sears as their 101.21400) was probably the best 6x18 ever built. The Atlas 3950 (Sears 101.21200) and 10100 are still pretty good machines (except for the last few built which didn't have cast iron headstocks). As Tommy wrote, check Craigs List in your area, and eBay.

Thanks for the reply's guy's. I've been checking craigslist and ebay pretty religiously, just thought someone on here might have one they wouldn't use anymore. I did find an atlas 10x42 i believe, and he wanted $650, but i never was able to respond to the ad.

There was a 12x36 Craftsman (101.07403 I think) listed here last year. But if you are looking for a 10" or 12", I would try to find one with a QCGB.

Back