You May Already Own Awesome Machinist Jacks

ih8beingold

Registered
Registered
Trying to get my work shop up and running this morning. Had my new 123 blocks out of the box to admire and sat them down beside some carriage bolts I was using. Hmmmmmmmmmm The 3/8" 16 threads on my 123 blocks fit the carriage bolts I'm using. Wide, stable , stackable multi hole machinists jacks with nice domed heads for free! Customize to suit your needs. Works for me.

Nice idea! I needed a couple of low profile machinists jacks and was resigned to having to make a pair. This will save me a bunch of work.

Thanks,

Bob

You just solved the situation I have. Thank you.

I guess those tapped holes finally were good for something on those import blocks :)

Great idea. I have two sets of 123 blocks, so I'm good to go. Another quick solution is lug nuts with 1/2"-20 bolts. Not as stable as 123 blocks, but will fit in tighter places.

I don't have all of my tooling back yet, so I can't take any pictures. Take a lug nut, place it on the bench with the cone facing up and screw a bolt down into it. It will give you about 1/2" of adjustment, but bolts are available in different lengths, so almost any situation is covered.

... and the 1/2-20 is a nice, fine pitch!

Thanks to both of you for some great, low cost ideas.

Back