Zero-It Indicator Holder Finished

Mark Lossner

Active User
Registered
After a few false starts (read, messed up parts), I finally finished my "Zero-It" indicator. This works a lot better than the "Jerry Lewis" style thing I have been using. All in all, this was a good project. It included milling, turning, threading, and knurling. One has to be careful about moving the milling table in order to insure those rods slide easily in the various parts. I didn't make progress pictures because I was too intent on getting all of this right; and, you guys really don't need to see my screw-ups.

The project came from here: http://homemetalshopclub.org/projects/indhold/hldr1.html

The finished unit looks like this:

ZeroIt_1.jpg

ZeroIt_2.jpg

This was an enjoyable project ... partularly now that it works smoothly and does its job.

Mark

ZeroIt_1.jpg

ZeroIt_2.jpg

That's very nice indeed! In one of the holes, you have two relief cuts... Did you do that with a small rotary cutter?

Once again, nice job.

Did you do that with a small rotary cutter?
Ray,
That was indeed cut with a 1 1/2" diameter slotting saw in a homemade arbor. I guess I really should have photographed the steps.

Thanks for the kind praise. It takes the sting out of my "spare parts" pile. :))

Mark

that came out really nice
another one to add to my list
your knurled knobs really add a pro touch to the project
steve

I have to admit that looks like a good project. I have an old Mitutoyo model I got used 30 years ago and it's a bit tired, but works unlike the cheap junk i bought at a show.
Art

Back