10 Years

jocat54

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Time flies-I can't believe it has been 10 years since I joined here. Well tomorrow Christmas Day.
I have learned a lot from some very talented people here, Thank you!!
Sure am glad this year is almost over and really hope next year is better.

Congratulations on your "anniversary." For me it will be nine years on January 8th. From this group, all of the really outstanding YouTube content, and other online resources, I've learned more (now at age 73) in a shorter amount of time than at any time in my life, including college and vocational school. As an offshoot of this group we've also started a local hobby machinist group (which has been hampered quite a bit by COVID-19 but is thriving on a small scale in spite of it, mostly via regular Zoom meetings, and which I expect to really take off once we're able to get together in person again). I'm by no means a machinist, but in those nine years my knowledge and abilities in this field have increased exponentially and I've had a huge amount of fun!

Ten years ago today, December 27th, I took ownership of my Tormach PCNC mill.

My reason for purchasing it was and is that it enabled me to machine features that would otherwise be difficult or impossible to machine. The project that triggered the buy was a set of under cabinet LED light strips for our recently remodeled kitchen, Four of the fixtures followed a pseudo-elliptical path. While I could have farmed the work out, the cost would have gone a long way toward the purchase of the CNC mill so the decision was easy. I bought the 4th axis option and the TTS tooling system at the same time.

Had to go look. Sept 2 2013 for me. Still my favorite place to spend time. Mike

Back