12" Logan tailstock

Investigator

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I'm still looking for a tailstock for my 12" Logan. I take a fairly regular cruise around ebay but haven't stumbled on one yet. Thought I might toss it out there to see if anyone has a line on one. Mine is a turret lathe and I just don't need that type of feature. I use it quite a bit, but a regular tail stock wouldn't slow me down at all, in fact it would make some things easier. So if anyone has one they are going to toss out, let me know.

Scott

I was looking and it looks like Logan and Powermatic lathes are made by the same company. Your may want to make a cardboard cut out of the tailstock ways and do some measuring and add that to your wanted info. Or make a drawing with dimensions and take a picture and download it here.. Sometimes you can make a new bottom of a tailstock and adapt another brands top section if you can't find one. Also go to Surplusrecord.com and ask on their wanted section. That is emailed to all the used machine dealers in the USA. You might get luck. Also Vintagemachinery.org had a manual for a 10" & 12" Logan.....it may help you figure it out.

I was looking and it looks like Logan and Powermatic lathes are made by the same company. Your may want to make a cardboard cut out of the tailstock ways and do some measuring and add that to your wanted info. Or make a drawing with dimensions and take a picture and download it here.. Sometimes you can make a new bottom of a tailstock and adapt another brands top section if you can't find one. Also go to Surplusrecord.com and ask on their wanted section. That is emailed to all the used machine dealers in the USA. You might get luck. Also Vintagemachinery.org had a manual for a 10" & 12" Logan.....it may help you figure it out.
Thanks, I have a manual. I'm pretty sure the 10",11" and 12" all have the same bed dimensions. I'm not sure what would be involved in making a spacer or replacing the bottom and getting the height and centers correct.

All I can say is don't give up - I finally just found a tailstock for my Enco lathe that I had been looking for for 3 years...

Back