1340GT decision

Glad to see career medical people here, and there seems to be a few. I must be in the right hobby:).
Comes in handy to remove the omnipresent slivers!

OMG, ain't that the truth :(
I don't know Doc, Retired union electrician that has worked for me in the past, and was only a couple hundred for a lot of crawling in the attic, changing out boxes putting in new 220v lines, and my split AC power.

So I found out PM is an Aloris dealer, and asked to change my order to an Aloris QCTP, and separate Import tool holders. The Import tool holders are cheaper than online, and can be shipped with the machine. The Aloris, post is not cheaper than any other vendor on line(400.00), but what are you gonna do. I am requesting that they install the post. On my 1228, a set screw messed up the threads so bad on the original tool post that I had to fix threads when I changed to a Dorian QCTP. I have to find the numbers for the specialty holders that I have in AXA, and get those in BXA too now. The saga continues.,,

Thank you David, my Dorian holders might be only 1 for a parting blade, the rest will be "generic" holders, and just the QCTP is Dorian. I need to pull them all out, and check what I have. :encourage:

The Dorian holder I had confused me because I could not get the height adjustment nut low enough to get a 5/8" tool holder to the CL of the spindle. But my other point is this: I bought about 25 of the BXA tool holder blocks from QMT and they have been fine, although I did replace the set screws with higher grade (not necessary but I have OCD). I do have a couple of specialty tool blocks such as this BXA71 from Aloris, otherwise it's all QMT:
IMG_3417.jpeg

OTOH, I believe in buying Seco, Sandvik, Kennamental or Iscar insert tool holders when at all possible.

David, that is the exact parting blade I got from Mikey, and the tool holder is an Aloris AXA, I need to make sure I replace this one in BXA with Aloris too. Thank you, I have to see what other holders I need, like boring bar, V groove, and what ever. I'm asking for 15 of the Generic tool holders, I'm starting to get anxiety with the total climbing, but if it comes with the machine it's free shipping, and add the VFD on top of this too....

Back