1340gt Qctp Tool Holder Hanger

Randbo

Registered
Registered
I made up a hanger for the quick change tool holder to mount on the PM 1340GT. I have seen a few designs like the one I did from this site as well as others. I'd say I copied Mikes (zmotorsports) to some degree but with a little twist. I wanted to go with something other than unistrut. I ended up using some 1.5 x 1.5 inch 80/20 t-slot aluminum I had sitting around the shop.
image.jpeg

I then used some scrap polycarbonate to make "holders" that attached to the 80/20 with 2 flat socket cap screws 1/4"-20. I beveled the top pieces at 30 degrees to lock into the holders top dovetail.

image.jpeg

Then attached to the top of the backsplash on the lathe. Holds them very secure.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I need to go visit my friends at 80/20 to drop off the new Snap-On sales flyer and ask about a piece of scrap material ;-)

Really nice! I have got to do somethng with mine and I really like what you done here.

Looks nice, On the T slot you can adjust if needed. which is a problem I was lookin at on another style.

I made up a hanger for the quick change tool holder to mount on the PM 1340GT. I have seen a few designs like the one I did from this site as well as others. I'd say I copied Mikes (zmotorsports) to some degree but with a little twist. I wanted to go with something other than unistrut. I ended up using some 1.5 x 1.5 inch 80/20 t-slot aluminum I had sitting around the shop.
View attachment 126982

I then used some scrap polycarbonate to make "holders" that attached to the 80/20 with 2 flat socket cap screws 1/4"-20. I beveled the top pieces at 30 degrees to lock into the holders top dovetail.

View attachment 126983

Then attached to the top of the backsplash on the lathe. Holds them very secure.

View attachment 126984

View attachment 126985

That's the best looking solution that I have seen on this forum. I might just be forced to cop it.

Back