1949 Bridgeport M head

jbalp

Registered
Registered
well I went and did it , I bought myself a mill that I know nothing about.. but I'm gonna learn
I found a little M head right in my neighbor hood and I think the price is good on it ..
its got a few issues that I can see ( I know nothing) there's a crack started in the motor housing
that looks like its been there for years . nothing a little bead of weld won't take of
but .. the fine feed is missing, No 73 in the parts schematic .. its an obsolete part of course
my question is . how much is that used ? and is there a place where the part could be sourced from ?
should I really have that ?

jbalp

It would make boring a bit difficult, but for just milling/drilling, you can get along without the fine feed.

Congratulations. That is a fine mill and I believe better than most of the new hobby equipment.
I don't have an M head parts breakdown.
Canyou post a picture?

came with a new VFD and a vice, collects .hold downs, an extra power feed, some mills and stuff .the more I'm study up on this mill I don't think its ever had the fine feed on it ? there's a cap where the lock would be .. but what do I know . it sure needs some love I know that . oiler is missing315335055_8369177343153482_6903842917314384172_n.jpg

I'm working on one that look's very much like what you have here. We've just gone through the knee, saddle, and table. By gone through, I mean clean, inspect, and reassemble. Lots of grease to remove used by previous owner(s). Sigh.

Back