2 ton+ shop crane/hoist/lift/cherry picker, around Charlotte?

axa88

Registered
Registered
Anyone willing to lend a 2 or grater ton shop crane/hoist/lift/cherry picker, around Charlotte?
I have a mill and lathe coming in towards the end of the year and would need it to mount on stands.
Though about buy one but just dont have anywhere to store it...
thanks

Oh yes, i did conciser the rentals, my fear is needing it that second day or 2, at that point your getting into the relm of buying one used or even new from Harbor Freight... Then id have to think even harder about storage.... :-/

You know they have the type the legs fold up right? Ends up being like 30”x30”. That’s what I have and I store mine in my shed. If you’re going to have heavy stuff you need a way lift and move it safely. I have no room but have a 2tn cherry picker, 1tn chain hoist, 2tn floorjack and 1tn lift table. All HF and worth every penny.

I‘ve mostly worked by myself and learned early on you can never have too many ways to lift safely. And if it’s not close I’ll talk myself into something stupid and regret it later.

Anyone willing to lend a 2 or grater ton shop crane/hoist/lift/cherry picker, around Charlotte?
I have a mill and lathe coming in towards the end of the year and would need it to mount on stands.
Though about buy one but just dont have anywhere to store it...
thanks
I’m in Charlotte too if you ever need anything

I assume the OP got his stuff unloaded and placed right. I have the same problem with storing the one I have, glad I have it though although I have rented one a couple of times due to the configuration and what/how I was lifting.

One thing to consider is the rental units often have wider, perpendicular legs instead of the ones that are "V" shaped. That may be a really good thing depending on the lift you have to make and where you're placing the machines.

Rental place may also have a gantry crane which avoids any interference with stands if you have the room to accommodate one.

IMHO, this is not the time or place to try and save money. Get what you need to do the job safely, and reach out to fellow forum members who've done it before if you haven't regardless of it they have the tool or not.

John

I agree with John, the rental ones are much better unless one is willing to spend a thousand dollars or more for a high-end unit.

Just realized the OP was from November 2021.

This sliding table saw is heavier than it looks. This wooden gantry also worked fine for my Enco 9" x 42" knee mill and South Bend 13 x 60 lathe.

1016211806e(medium).jpg

The header is three 2" x 12".

I really need to burn this wooden gantry... so I will stop buying old machines!

Back