2010 Zero RestoMod

matthewsx

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Figure I should post this as I’ve been working on it a while and am starting to get closer.

Bought it off Craigslist for $260 with a
clean title and planned non-op. Guy I bought it from stripped the power train because he thought that was the good part.

IMG_2354.jpeg

That’s our current FXE parked behind it. Well, it turns out I know a guy to get parts from. The plan is putting the same stuff from current production into this roller. Here’s where I’m at now.

IMG_3195.jpeg

Just about ready to put power to it.

John

Truly one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. And it looks like it’s absolutely gone to the right man. I wonder what in the world the original owner was going to do with the power train?

I know there is a power of attraction because I keep getting things I want and need just fall into my lap on CL or like yesterday find for free on my morning dog constitutional leaning up against a fence.

So, funny story.

The actual original owner was the landlord who traded for a month's rent. The guy I bought it from said he and his son were going to put the powertrain into a quad the had. I think they were planning on getting the bike running since it had a newly recovered seat and brand new tires on it. But, the only way that would be likely to happen is bringing it here and having our service manager work on it. They might be able to get it working on their quad, but it's not super likely....

John

I'm familiar with Zero. I know a bunch of guys who put them into planes.

Cool stuff for sure. I'm not afraid of our electric future.
Would love to see the planes. My dad was a private pilot and homebuilder.

John

Back