210mm swing Electronic Leadscrew lathe now available

jdm23

Registered
Registered
I'm not an affiliate so I won't place direct links, but you should find it by googling "lathe 1100w electronic".
The manufacturer representative. pointed me to it while discussing other matters, the first thing I suggested is that they remove the the change gears table on the quadrant cover :oops: - I didn't manage to get a a sound "yes we will".
What I like is the brushless 1.1kW motor and that the belts to the spindle are properly sized, unlike the terrible VEVOR one that are 3mm for the same motor!
Bed length is probably excessive at 800mm, it increases weight and cost for no major advantage for the majority of hobby users.
I suspect that the leadscrew is metric, but that is a non-issue with E-LS.
It seems to me that these have 100mm bed width, with the casting feet very narrow, the machine needs to be bolted down or it will be unusable.
The building details appears decent, with the tailstock and apron left unpainted, but blackened. Personally I like that as it makes so much easier to repair the occasional damage. Of course some things they will never get right, as in using black jam nuts for the traverse and compound jibs, or Heaven forbids, locking screws there.
The E-LS appears easy to control, but from on the attached video doesn't possible to set non-standard pitches, sometime necessary to cut non-metric, non-imperial thread, yes they do exist try making screw for antique French clocks. Or for coiling springs, etc.

Attachments

• 6dfefeb8334f28731acbfc219cbc4700.mp4
    3.9 MB
Last edited:
I have seen those factory equipped ELS machines. Seems like a good idea if the firmware works well and isn't buggy. Is there a non-volatile
memory so the settings are retained if there is a power failure? Not so important for the US but would be in some parts of the world.
From the video it looked as though custom pitches were possible- although the button pushing and beeping would get annoying
in a hurry for me anyhow- I would want to mute the beeps somehow at least

As far as bed length, longer is often better since a tailstock chuck and jobber-length (standard) drill bits can take up
a considerable amount of bed when needing to drill the end of long-ish workpieces using a steady rest
800 mm would be about 32" which is a nice size- 4" bed width is narrow but not unusual for a hobby machine

Last edited:
Has this fixed the problem of being unable to do threading with the head running in reverse. I had contacted the manufacturer of the controller about 6 months ago and explained the problem. The manufacturer said that the problem would be fixed but I did not hear back form them. It is possible to fix in hardware, but not easy. To check out the fix search for WM210v ELS.

Hadn't thought about threading in reverse but yes that would be useful

Has this fixed the problem of being unable to do threading with the head running in reverse.
I don't know. I was talking to a saleswoman, this kind of questions is way above their knowledge. They are always willing to ask someone else at the company, but often the answer you end getting is either more confusing or shows the intent of just making the sale.

I ordered mine from two different vendors Numobams and Auido Machinery store (aliexpress). After I figured out the problem I finally got through to the sales people what the problem was and they contacted the manufacturer. The manufacturer verified the problem and said they would fix it. Being that it is only a firmware fix they may have. There is only one manufacturer that makes the unit in variations for others. I would contact Numobams.com and ask, because the guy that runs it know his stuff and if his fixed they all are fixed.

search for "Numobams/Similar ELS Controller has problems" It describes the work around.

Back