3DPrinter Enclosure

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I got tired of rigging up cardboard and oaktag sheets around my printer to hold the heat and keep the drafts away.

And I don’t want to wait 9 weeks for an enclosure to arrive, so I figured I would build my own:

Partially complete, need to finish printing the hinges, fit it all up and then paint.

bb6c0ed7c9340f7cb7b2ae2ddfa626c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dig it!

Are you planning on moving the PS to outside the enclosure?

I dig it!

Are you planning on moving the PS to outside the enclosure?
Is there an advantage to doing so?

Edit: also, thanks! When it is finished I will do some sort of build thread. I have lots of photos.

You are seeing it during the initial fit up of parts. I need to print the hinges, hang and trim the front doors. The steel parts will get a coat of paint as well.

Keeping the PS outside of the enclosure is theoretically better since it will stay a bit cooler; many folks relocate them when they put the printers in enclosures. I think Prusa has an option that has a wiring plug/extension kit that attaches neatly in one of the enclosure walls...makes removing the printer from the enclosure easier w/ a single plug.

I like the industrial look of the raw metal, but either way: looks good.

Looks Great! Did you custom bend the steel corner angles? I made a printer enclosure a couple of years ago but used boring, aluminum angle.

Nice job! Way more fancy than the Creality enclosure tent looking thing I'm using because I didn't want to deal with building one. :)

Back