6 Free (as in beer) inserts of your choice from TechMet Carbide

.LMS.

Lathe Noob
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I get an email every so often from Practical Machinist. Mostly caters towards professionals vs hobbyists, but occasionally something useful for me. The most recent one had an article entitled "3 key decisions for successful turning insert selection", which was a link to the TechMet site and the article was pretty basic, so it was useful to me :grin:

But, at the top of the page, there was this little gem: "Try any of our turning, grooving or threading inserts risk-free at NO COST", so I clicked the link.

In short - you can pick up to three inserts, and ask for up to two each of your three choices, and they'll send them for free.

"Yea right" I thought, but damned if it isn't true. I figured they would not allow a hobbyist to take advantage of this, but the form didn't ask for any business details - just name address email and phone number. So I filled it out, expecting at least an email and maybe a call to qualify me, but nope - they just sent me a tracking number for the package with the inserts I selected.

Here's the link if you want to take advantage of the offer: Free inserts

Disclaimer - I have no affiliation, get nothing if you click the link, blah blah blah.

Wow, I'm amazed that they offer this to us Canucks!
Thanks for the tip :)

Back